Hyundai Accent 2003 ATF recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason why I should go with D4 instead of D6? Redline's website says D6 satisfies the fluid standards of Dexron-VI, MerconLV, and Hyundai SP-IV, which are the three newest ones. Same with MaxLife Dex/Merc. Valvoline says ATF+4 is designed to meet the needs of "Chrysler, Dodge & Jeep vehicles."
Anyone get their ATF changed at a Valvoline service center? I can probably do my own tranmission fluid drain/fill, but I'm going to have to watch some videos to find out if I need to do a flush or replace parts while I'm at it. I found an eBay listing for a gallon of MaxLife Dex/Merc ATF (old packaging--don't know if the formula is still the same) for $35, but three gallons of the new stuff for $63, which is a bargain ($21.01 for one gallon O: I probably won't end up using more than two quarts though; I can likely re-use it for future cars since it is multi-vehicle) based on the $58 for one gallon available elsewhere (I have a Prime membership). Redline is $45 for one gallon. I'm leaning towards MaxLife Dex/Merc, mostly for the price. I don't know if I'm even going to end up needing to do a drain/fill, but I'm assuming it is safer to do it by the time it has 114,000 miles on it. Can I flush the transmission myself, or do service centers have equipment that I can't replace with hardware store equipment?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back