Hyunda SP4-M Compatible ATF ?

Ok, so the "mfg must provide for free" thing kept bugging me and I was able to locate where that language came from. While that specific language isn't contained in the Act itself, the Federal Trade Commission did issue a bulletin interpreting the Act and in the FTC's bulletin is found the explanation of the "free" thing. So you were accurate. I wasn't aware that the FTC issued a bulletin.

Here's a link 👇to the bulletin in case you're curious.

FTC Bulletin Magnusson-Moss
Is that the right PDF? I've read it over a few times, and unless I had a stroke, I don't see anywhere that says anything about anthing free or OEM's providing anything.

I'm also planning on doing my own ATF drain and refill on my 2017 sonata sport. So after reading all the good info here I did some research online and looks like SP4 can be used on transmissions that already have SP4-M, and the M "provides improved ultra-low viscosity and friction mofdifiers" as was mentioned before on this thread.
So looking in Amazon I found a bottle of SP4-M and took a screenshot of the label.
View attachment 36260
If that's the case, then Idemitsu also makes their HK4:

Valvoline MaxLife ATF is a good one, that's what I've been using and done full and partial changes with it in my Kias and partial in Acura CSX. The ATF is currently rated as compatible with latest SP-4-M and SP-4-RR.

Back