Hyster 4090340 C&P

This is off a Mitsubishi/PSI 2.4l in a Hyster forklift. They're scheduled for maintenance at 300 hours but usually get to 500+ before they're released to the shop. This would have been filled with MFA 15w40. Same oil and filter went back in. This one would have been around 500 hours on this OCI.

Easiest can to cut through so far. The ADBV almost feels hard enough to break in your fingers when you bend it. It will flex but is super hard.

This is the diameter of a 51394 but 5.5" tall. I believe they're made by Baldwin but can't prove it. They come in packaged the same exact way as the bulk Baldwin's did when I sold them with the same unique smell. There is no alternative cross reference number for these that we have found at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_6567.jpg
    IMG_6567.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6568.jpg
    IMG_6568.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6569.jpg
    IMG_6569.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6570.jpg
    IMG_6570.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6571.jpg
    IMG_6571.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6572.jpg
    IMG_6572.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 39
Fork Lifts generally are propane fueled, especially if it's an indoor used model. The ones we had at
work, in a dusty atmosphere, ran 24 hrs during the five day week and often Saturday overtime for 18 hrs.
The oil came out nearly as clean as what went in. Half Clark and half Hyster models. Oil was nothing special and
I don't know what filter they used, likely a Clark branded unit or Hyster filter as above.
Easy on oil with the propane.

This would have been filled with MFA 15w40. Same oil and filter went back in. This one would have been around 500 hours on this OCI.

Easiest can to cut through so far. The ADBV almost feels hard enough to break in your fingers when you bend it. It will flex but is super hard.
Sounds like they should use a better oil filter with a silicone ADBV, or cut back on the OCI.

Sounds like they should use a better oil filter with a silicone ADBV, or cut back on the OCI.
It would be nice if we could get back to 300 hour internals but with as short staffed as we are I don’t see it happening. There’s no interchange numbers that we’ve found so I’m stuck with these. They’re mounted vertically on most lift models so the valve isn’t as much of an issue plus we’ve put 15000+ hours on some of the lifts during their lease with absolutely no engine failures. I can’t say it’s right but it’s working.

Back