HVAC Air Handler - wiring questions

I received a Bosch BVA 2.0 air handler yesterday. There are two pairs of wires with bare ends and one connector with brown and white wires that is not plugged into anything. Could anyone who knows what these are for provide some advice?
Dennis
20230301_180844.jpg
20230301_180828.jpg
20230301_180750.jpg
20230302_070508.jpg

Red and black from L1/L2 is a 240v source to something . 24v transformer maybe ?

Brown and white - heating 24vac
Red and blue on the 240 vac terminal strip might not be used if the kw of heater pulls more amps than the wire will handle. Heat normally needs its own power hence the lugs.

The brown/white are for the coil on the contactor that turns on the aux heat coils. It looks like it should plug into the main board where it's marked "heater kit plug".

Red looks like it should connect to the board at L1-A CN38 and black looks like it should connect to the 240V tap on the transformer (assuming that this is installed in a house with 240V and not a commercial bldg with 3-phase 120/208V power).

Yes you have a heater kit. Plug the brown and white into CN6 on the control board. It is a 24 volt circuit that engages the heater contactor.

Red and black can be used as L1 and L2 for the fan cabinet, to power it from the heater supply, so you don't need a separate branch circuit. If there is already a separate branch circuit, you can remove them from the terminal block and don't use.

This is really basic stuff so I'm wondering if you should attempt a DIY install.

Thanks to all. I found where the connector with the brown and white wires go and see where the black and red wires need to be connected to supply power to the control board (red) and the transformer (black). You guys are a wonderful resource.

The brown/white are for the coil on the contactor that turns on the aux heat coils. It looks like it should plug into the main board where it's marked "heater kit plug".
This was an absolutely correct reply.

Back