husqvarna weedeater

Status
Not open for further replies.
just bought a new weedeater model 128LD. cuts good, good power. i was reading in my owners manual that the muffler has a cat in it. crazy that they gotta put that on a weedeater. says it should be checked often so it doenst clog up and overheat the engine. should it hurt the engine if i remove the cat and the spark arrester?

no it will work without that but you may need to adjust carb to make sure you don't run it too lean and that it idles of course.

But hey! Why remove it if it works? You will have better emissions for quite a while and if it breakes, then rip it. Don't break things if ok, please.

Really sounds like a "I have too much time on my hands and need to make up work for myself" thing to do.

lars11, i see youre from sweden, and i know husqvarna is a Swedish brand, are all the small engines on the chainsaws, weedeaters, etc. built in sweden or the u.s.? i cant find a tag anywhere that says husqvarna, made in sweden like ive seen on other products.

Many products and parts, especially forestry products, are made in Husqvarna, but I think some parts are made elsewhere too.
However, I don't think HVA does any "labeling", calling generic stuff "husqvarna".

jonsered was made in sweeden i think. husqvarna bought them out if i recall right.

yes, Jonsered, Husqvarna and Stiga are Swedish brands. HVA bought jonsered and now the internals of the saws are often the same but some brand significant features are still differentiated like handle angles, aiming line ups etc.
Stiga is now GGP group, which makes it a bit less intersting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back