Hughes Moly treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever tried this product?

I have a friend that owns and races Shelby's and he said Shelby owners love this stuff. Just wanted everyone's opinion before trying this stuff. It kind of reminds me of Schaeffer's Moly oil additive which I really like. I think it may be good to add to my oil for my classic cars. Thanks.

Last edited:
I was wondering if it was a repackaged version of SCHAEFFER #132 Moly E.P. Oil Treatment. It would be interesting to find out if it is.

Would this be good in newer cars and/or cars with higher mileage?

Last edited:
HUG 3690

EXTREME PRESSURE OIL ADDITIVE
1 PINT - SAVE THOSE FLAT TAPPET CAM LOBES!

Over the past 10 years or so all cam manufacturers have seen an increase in flat tappet cam failures, particularly in the high performance arena. We have spent close to a year researching oils and additives to try and find a product that could eliminate this problem. We have found it! Hughes Engines Extreme Pressure Lubricant is a state of the art additive package that is compatible with standard (mineral based) oils or synthetics. To complement this highly specialized additive package a proven friction modifier, Micron Moly® is further blended into the oil treatment. Micron Moly® is a liquid soluble type of moly that plates to the metal surfaces of the engine. Once plated, the moly forms a long lasting lubricant film which prevents the metal surfaces from coming into contact with each other. By preventing metal to metal contact, damaging frictional wear is eliminated, which leads to less downtime and longer engine life. This additive should be used with all flat tappet camshafts. We suggest using this with your break-in oil and at every oil change. One pint will treat up to 5 quarts of oil.
Bulk orders of 72 pints or more will receive even greater discounts and must be ordered by phone. To order a case of 12 pints at a discounted price order p/n 3690C .

Soluble molybdenum carbamate integrates into your base oil and cannot be filtered out by the oil filter like many other after market additives do.
Why do we sell this particular Extreme Pressure Lube? Simple. Our first priority is to give our cams long life and this product does just that. We are happy to share this technology with others who have flat tappet cams who have had to struggle with this same issue.

Soluble Molybdenum carbamate has been used for 50 years or more in the industrial and H.D. trucking industry. We are offering this product as an oil additive. Hughes Engines Extreme Pressure Oil additive is recommended specifically for flat tappet camshafts in all applications. It can be added to any oil, good or [censored]. It will not affect catalytic converters. Yes, you can use it with roller cams, too! It is super slippery (slick) so if your rocker, pushrod tips and wrist pins live longer, don't be surprised. With products like this you can expect manufacturer claims of, better mileage, improved fuel mileage and reduced oil consumption, stops global warming, helps you lose weight etc...... All of that is possible, I suppose, but we know it will protect your cam & lifters. That is why we use it and recommend it.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/produ...M=&partid=23942

Yes its Schaeffers Moly E.P. 132. It has the same green color and everything. Just more expensive than Schaeffers! I realized it after I had bought the Hughes product.

Has anyone ever sent it in to be tested? Just curious how much moly/zinc/phos, etc is in it.

Would it also be good in newer cars?
I would be concerned because it is really thick and would change the viscosity of the motor oil. If you add a pint of it to 5 quarts it could turn a 5w/20 into a 5w/30, right?

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, is it like VSOT that Valvoline sold? That seemed like a good product in its day?

AD

Schaeffers Moly E.P. 132 is really good stuff. I have used it in older cars and it really smooths out and quiets the engine. Sounds like the Hughes product may be the same. I know it has a lot of moly in it but wonder if it also has zinc /phos?

i think VSOT was mostly a zinc additive like EOS.

Last edited:
I'd love to try the Schaeffers E.P. 132, but I heard you have to place a $300 order with them? If I could buy a few bottles to check it out I'd consider it. If an order for less than $300 can be placed will they sell less than a case of the stuff?

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back