Hub assembly Front & Rear Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife's car is throwing codes stabilitrack problems and activating anti-lock, reducing power etc.. The local repair shop wants to replace one front hub and one rear hub (wouldn't tell me which one)for $850. Should I just get 4 new hubs from the local auto parts store and do it myself or let them do it? 2007 Cadillac STS AWD V6 190,000 miles.

if they are the sealed hub assemblies i would do it yourself if you can, they usually aren't terrible to replace.

its up to you if you wanna do all 4.
if it were me i would just change the 2 bad ones for now.

and maybe shop around on rockauto or amazon to see if you can get a deal on the hubs, you can usually find the same ones they have at the parts store online for a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
That's the issue. I don't know which ones are bad. The code reader I borrowed didn't even tell me which ones were bad before I took it to the repair shop.

Replace all of them. If two are shot, the other two are ready yo go. If you can do brakes (including rotors) you can do a hub change.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory

2007 Cadillac STS AWD V6 190,000 miles.

1. Transmission 5 speed auto or 6 speed auto ?
2. How many lug studs per wheel ?

if the hubs are causing issues they are probably just about seized up, you should be able to tell by just jacking it and rotating the weels/hubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back