HP Touchpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone buy one? We snagged one yesterday in the fire sale.

HP thought of media integration nicely as streaming audio and YouTube vids play well w/o installing any apps. Adding Tune-In Radio HD (free) is a nice touch.

For $99. Android developers are already planning on porting the droid OS to this platform so there's an upgrade path in the future.

For for $99...great deal.

With only about 25,000 units sold and HP abandoning the Touchpad, there may not be that many developers interested in porting or developing for this platform.

I ran across this yesterday. Wow. . what a fast shift. I'd consider it if I could use it for a GPS. Web access would be OK. Don't really care about movies/videos. I hate the glossy screens on these things. So many reflections.

I'm looking to replace my laptop though, so the $99 will go to that.

I pad... Touch pad. This pad... that pad ...How about learning communication skills? In the real world,if you can't march up seven flights of stairs and say to "the boss"......"this is what we need to do".. then go collect a paycheck.

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
I pad... Touch pad. This pad... that pad ...How about learning communication skills? In the real world,if you can't march up seven flights of stairs and say to "the boss"......"this is what we need to do".. then go collect a paycheck.

The real world? Our execs are asking for these devices. They make more sense than a laptop in many situations. We are rolling out the iPad to them.

Originally Posted By: o2man98
I got 4 of them. 2 32gb for my wife and I and 2 16gb for the children.

I wanted to get 2, only found one at a Walmart way out of town. The kids will have to share.

Skype'd my folks with it tonight, works great. Nifty device!

I got a Motorola Xoom recently, and I definitely prefer Android 3.X over the OS on the Touchpad. Not to say it was bad, but it definitely couldn't compete with the Tablet version of Android, and certainly not against the juggernaut that is the ipad.

Wish I knew about it sooner. I would have grabbed one to use for browsing the net before going to bed and browsing between classes.

Closely following the porting of android while my 32gb sits in its box.
smile.gif

listening to SiriusXM feed from the web browser. And writing this post.
smile.gif

keep checking slickdeals.net for continually updated deals and availability.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Originally Posted By: FL_Rob

The real world? Our execs are asking for these devices. They make more sense than a laptop in many situations. We are rolling out the iPad to them.

This is the issue..If the Execs only think for themselves ...very few really think for the company .And they're thought of as pushovers,then so be it, thats room for you to achieve and knock the stockholders on their butt with profits..Let me tell you, in the world of 'big money' these things are but a tool. It's ok to use them, but really it's YOU who makes the diff in your company .If they "want the best" ,even though they may not know what to do with it ,granted, ..but it makes them happy.

See, that is why executives rakes in big bucks because only they are capable of making these kind of decisions.

I can not wait until execs are outsourced. I know for a fact that few people from Reliance or Tata would run circles around what goes for HP leadership today :-(

I will bet my pay-check that individuals responsible for this debacle would walk out with humongous golden parachutes.

I work with a huge number of people that formerly work in Palm, the biggest problem is the internal politics (aren't they all)?

Each products will be developed completely different from each other due to empire building, so the management can pad their resume with responsibility and leadership. In the end, the fire power is stretched too thin and every project is understaffed and delayed, some even got cancelled when they miss the carrier's dead line.

By the time HP bought Palm, most of the good employees are gone, to Apple, Amazon (Kindle), and Google.

Nokia had the opposite end of problem, they refused to move ahead from an obsoleted standardized architecture to a newer one and by the time they saw it, it is a titanic in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back