HP Laptop Battery Suggestions?

I need to buy a new battery for my HP Laptop. I've looked on Amazon, I question ratings reliability. Prefer to buy from Amazon because I've have had good experiences with their service after sale, AND delivery*. Open to any suggestions of battery seller/brand there, OR elsewhere if someone has had a good experience. If it matters, the battery is for HP 15 bs0xx.

The reason I mention Amazon delivery satisfaction, I've been noticing some significant issues with USPS delivery. I'm currently waiting on two parcels, both running days past projected delivery date. One from Rock Auto on 1/22, seems to have disappeared from tracking (in transit supposedly) after getting to Rochester NY. Ordered an item end of November, shipped USPS, never came. Filed report, not found. Seller did refund my card. I digress.

Appreciate any suggestions. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I fix up budget laptops and give them to those in need or looking for very first basic laptop. so what I do is I usually pick up from marketplace nonworking as is, and get them working again but the batteries and usually shot. I bought a few different Amazon batteries over the last few years and they all worked. They do what they need to do with the laptops maybe the runtime won't be as long but they are very functional nine times out of 10, good enough to do Bios updates, and stuff like that. Because i have such good luck with the Amazon battery in all the other laptops, i purchased one for my personal Alienware M18x R2, and again was not disappointed.(y)

Suggest considering buying a Chromebook for replacement.

Bought an 11" Lenovo IP Flex 3 touchscreen for $160 at Best But last fall. 12 hr battery life. Works very well with a dual monitor setup.

Migration to Chrome OS does take some adjustment. Current apps comparable to MS Office. I have no issues with running complex spreadsheets or streaming.

Of course, not compatible with some business systems and not suitable for high end gaming.

I had to replace a swelled battery in the HP laptop I'm typing this from. I searched Amazon and a couple other places, but it was difficult to make darn sure I had the correct battery. I called the local Batteries Plus and had a conversation with the guy who answered. We found the correct battery and it was ordered. He said that if it wasn't the correct battery, I could just bring it back for a full refund. The battery was correct and works perfectly with good life. I have since learned from @JHZR2 that it's best not to fully charge lithium Ion batteries and store them at less than full charge. I used to leave this laptop plugged in all the time, which cooked the battery, so now I leave it at about 35%. Hopefully the battery will last much longer.

So, when I start a thread asking for advice and/or suggestion I believe it's only proper to tell the outcome. I ended up buying from Amazon, I'm a prime member, came next day. There was a choice between three and four cell (both showed would work), same price, chose the four. Honestly, that just an arbitrary choice. Fit's fine, charged to 100%, let discharge through use to 5% according to directions. Plan following that at least 3-4 times. That's pretty similar to what I've always done without perhaps getting to 5%. Never left charging/connected all the time. Linked the battery purchased, at this point, seems to be working fine.

Thanks for all the relies, much appreciated.

Last edited:
I'd normally say go OEM, but usually because of the risk of the battery swelling. However, this looks like the older type that attaches, so it it swells it will just swell out.

Back