HP all in one computer, bypass password.

I have an HP all in one computer that was given to me. But It's asking for a password.
Is there a way to get around this, so I can boot it up. He was getting an network adapter error, I think it just needs a network adapter.

I would try the thing where you change the accessibility button to command prompt. Not sure if it still works

I have an HP all in one computer that was given to me. But It's asking for a password.
Is there a way to get around this, so I can boot it up. He was getting an network adapter error, I think it just needs a network adapter.
Is it Windows or the BIOS asking?

Any luck with this...?
not yet. I didn't mess with it for a few days.
I used this one program, but it was supposed to be free for home use, but when I ticked change password, it said you couldn't use it on the free version.

Yeah my old laptop had Windows 8 on it, and I couldn't remember the password for the life of me. I burned a current copy of rescatux which is free. It has a ton of tools, one which removes the password but doesn't change anything else. Pm me if you need help or a walk-through.

Are you opposed to just doing a fresh re-install of Windows? Because that would be preferable.

Alternatively, if you absolutely most get into the system, if you download the Ultimate BootCD, it has a password reset program as part of it that works (I've used it many, many times).

Grateful for all the help!
I am going to try one of the recovery back-up restore but waiting fr a USB Drive. I have 2 other systems I'm using, and a few I am working on too.
But I WILL be sure to update!
thanks again TO ALL!

Back