How well does Royal Purple API clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Royal Purple 5w30 API contain Detergents? If so, enough to make a difference.

Having a debate with a friend, who has a muscle car...I know RP must conform to the API Standards & SN

I was telling him how well Ultra & Platinum clean,

Thanks

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Does Royal Purple 5w30 API contain Detergents? If so, enough to make a difference.

Having a debate with a friend, who has a muscle car...I know RP must conform to the API Standards & SN

I was telling him how well Ultra & Platinum clean,

Thanks

You would be correct...IMO all syn oils clean a little but the PP & PU are by far the best in my experience.

RP in the SN flavor will not clean any better than your other OTC oils like valvoline or napa synthetic, as the metallic additives are almost identical in all three. It is a good oil though but other synthetics that can do the same or maybe even better for a cheaper price.

The non API oils with synerlec are the way to go in a HIPO muscle car.

Any of the better synthetics will do some cleaning. I know M1 oils are well known for keeping engines very clean.
as RP will also.

Last edited:
Of course it has detergents. Any modern API oil will. The newer API SN version of Royal Purple should clean quite well.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Of course it has detergents. Any modern API oil will. The newer API SN version of Royal Purple should clean quite well.

x1

nothing cleans like Golden State SAE 40
smile.gif

on the serious side I run it in my brother's Tahoe since his first Oil change runs like a champ and Spotless valve cover's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back