How to remove connectors from Mercedes fuse box?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Replacing two interior fuse boxes on a Mercedes S550 W221.

I can't figure out how to get the corner wires/ connectors to release from the fuse box. Earlier this morning I purchased the Lisle 71750 terminal release kit. Not sure it will do the job.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to release the connectors from the end positions on this fuse box I would be grateful.
fuse box.jpg
lisle 71750.jpg

If it's like most other connectors, a tang keeps it locked in place. You just have to figure out which tool to use that will move the tang out of position to release it from the holder.

Trav, here is a picture of the front with the top fuse removed showing the connector (slightly).

Thank you.
PXL_20210421_230827670.jpg

This is a similar terminal from BMW. The second picture more clearly shows the tang that needs to be depressed.

Most terminals in Euro cars I've seen all work the same way.

The proper tool probably resembles a fork with two tines, inserted into the two slots above and below, on the vertical axis, similar to #12.

Wedging a single flat blade into the slot could also work, but you'd first have to determine which side has the tang, and hope there isn't enough play between the terminal and the housing that allows it to shift around and prevent getting enough leverage to depress the tang fully enough. Two tines alleviates those issues.

Back