How to read the manufacturer's date code on Mobil 1 containers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that there is a line of small printed numbers on the side of the container-near the bottom of the 5 quart and 1 quart containers of Mobil 1.

Is there anyone out there that knows how to read this line of code? I would assume that the date of manufacture is within this line of code.

Thanks!

[ March 15, 2003, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: phoneman91 ]

welcome.gif

Well-until someone else responde the numbers are probably a Location and batch code. The purpose of this is to allow Mobil to track production and quality control etc. The manufacturer would be able to specify the date, but you (we)won't. Any reason you want to know the date? If its Super Syn, its like less than 1 1/2 years old (can't remember exactly)
smile.gif

I agree--the long line of numbers probably has a batch number in there also. But I suspect that the date code is there also. But You are probably correct--it is in-code and the consumer cant determine what it means. I just thought that one of you guys have already figured it out. I was just curious--I was interested in how long it takes from production to the store shelf. And determining which of the bottles are the newest. I know that Mobil says that the shelf life of unopened bottles is 10 years and it wouldnt make any difference--but I was just curious.

Thanks!

[ March 15, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: phoneman91 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back