How to flush and replace your OAT coolant

Got to say...shocked the radiator looked like that at five years...he didn’t say how many miles...but I imagine 80,000-100,000 miles. It reminds me of early 2000’s GM days. Looks terrible.

I guess I’m lucky, I’ve had Lexus/Toyota’s the last six years. I don’t think I could have Gotten my coolant to look like that if I left it in there unattended for ten years and 200,000 miles. Got to imagine other manufacturers are the same.

Got to say...shocked the radiator looked like that at five years...he didn’t say how many miles...but I imagine 80,000-100,000 miles. It reminds me of early 2000’s GM days. Looks terrible.

I guess I’m lucky, I’ve had Lexus/Toyota’s the last six years. I don’t think I could have Gotten my coolant to look like that if I left it in there unattended for ten years and 200,000 miles. Got to imagine other manufacturers are the same

He has 115,000km (mentioned in another recent vid)... its quite common with that oat coolant... there are a number of posts/videos that I've see complaining/showing that oat coolant being that way

Heres a video showing identical year grand cherokee (not sure the km's) and the coolant looks the same. Hilariously he states that he took it to the dealership and the told him it was "normal"

Last edited:
If you will read the comments below....he discovered that someone has mixed HOAT + OAT antifreeze in his Cherokee...
Ok that makes more sense, because that radiator looked like it was a dexcool radiator from the early 2000’s.

He has 115,000km (mentioned in another recent vid)... its quite common with that oat coolant... there are a number of posts/videos that I've see complaining/showing that oat coolant being that way
Someone else posted that it was discovered that the coolant had been mixed with a hoat, along with the oat that was in there.

Edit — I didn’t see the video you posted. So now I’m really shocked to see something like this on a modern coolant/vehicle.

Someone else posted that it was discovered that the coolant had been mixed with a hoat, along with the oat that was in there.

Edit — I didn’t see the video you posted. So now I’m really shocked to see something like this on a modern coolant/vehicle.
Ya me too, someone in another thread posted that some of the 2014 models ended up with the Orange HOAT coolant... so maybe thats what happened to mine, cause it sure looked orange

Back