How to best improve fuel economy with '76 Pickup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Muah, ha, ha. . .

MAN! I even got the evil laugh!

When I was 16 (in 1976), I wanted one of these Chevy Pickups in the worst way... and every time I look at it, it makes me happy. When I drive it, I'm even happier. It's what I always wanted.

I suppose that, somewhere, there is a 16 year old who is now dreaming of a Prius, and when he finally gets one, he'll feel like I do now, with my truck.

I wonder if Priuses (correct plural?) will even be restorable in 33 years...

Originally Posted By: Big O Dave
Muah, ha, ha. . .

MAN! I even got the evil laugh!

When I was 16 (in 1976), I wanted one of these Chevy Pickups in the worst way... and every time I look at it, it makes me happy. When I drive it, I'm even happier. It's what I always wanted.

I suppose that, somewhere, there is a 16 year old who is now dreaming of a Prius, and when he finally gets one, he'll feel like I do now, with my truck.

I wonder if Priuses (correct plural?) will even be restorable in 33 years...
I wonder if anyone will be able to afford the fuel for a 70s pickup truck, in 33 years.

Originally Posted By: Aldaris
I wonder if anyone will be able to afford the fuel for a 70s pickup truck, in 33 years.

In 33 years, I'll be 82 years old, and I'll fuel my truck's flux capacitor with the decaying bodies of my dead formerly hybrid driving friends and neighbors.

thankyou2.gif

. . . I wonder if anyone will be able to afford the fuel for a 70s pickup truck, in 33 years.

Well, it appears that Dave is only a year ahead of me (I was sixteen and got my DL in 1977). I was HS class of '79. I can remember guys with 4x4 pickups complaining about fuel cost while I was still in HS. Wonder what they would have thought about fuel at $4/gal? Or more?

History aside, the answer to that question is very probably a resounding, NO!

. . . I wonder if anyone will be able to afford the fuel for a 70s pickup truck, in 33 years.

Wonder what they would have thought about fuel at $4/gal? Or more?

History aside, the answer to that question is very probably a resounding, NO!

All kidding aside, I have to agree. Unless someone invents a flux capacitor or some kind of increased efficiency drivetrain conversion for such beasts as my truck, it will only be found in a museum in 33 years.

But for now, it's my toy, and I do want to make it get the best fuel economy that IT can get, but still be fun.

I appreciate all of the recommendations! Even over a year after the original post.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back