How Soon to Use Royal Purple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't seen any indication that its a bad oil. Just isn't worth the extra $10+ dollars per 5 quart jug.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Gave them for years. Not going to repeat again for the umpteenth time. Just tired of it.

Because you don't really have them or you supply some facts.

Let me repeat for you since apparently you cannot read:

Gave them for years. Not going to repeat again for the umpteenth time. Just tired of it.

I'm not saying RP is bad oil but it simply isn't worth the asking price and its apparent you have nothing beyond RP infomercials to support your augment. So show us something from independent testing labs to back your story. I even have some RP in my stash. But I got it for $20 a Jug on Walmart close out.

I had a perfect uoa on RP in my 300ZX. It was the SJ Synerlec version,so I have no idea what the SN stuff is like.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I had a perfect uoa on RP in my 300ZX. It was the SJ Synerlec version,so I have no idea what the SN stuff is like.

On here I always wonder, how much of a UOA result is due to the oil and how much is due to engine design and operating conditions?

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

On here I always wonder, how much of a UOA result is due to the oil and how much is due to engine design and operating conditions?

I think that same way. Wondering if these perfect uoas we see are due to superior engine design and driving conditions.

The engine will break in with any oil. The boutique oils companies know most engine failures occur in a new engine so they don't want their oils blamed.

I seriously doubt Royal Purple is better than Mobil 1, but I have an open mind so would love to see proof. At any rate I would follow Royal Purple's instructions if that is the oil you feel is better, and the one you want to use.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
M1 AFE is not synthetic, neither is your Royal Purple ILSAC / API certified product.

Do yourself a favour and run a spitzenklasse Deutsche moterenoel

e.g: Fuchs, Pentosin,

Vive la France ! ? TotalFinaElf, Motul

Really.

One Pentosin prduct is real synthetic. Others are not, including Motul (except V series).

Ah, the weekly BASH RP thread, complete with ignorant and some totally false accusations.

But hey, don't let any factual truth stand in the the way of another RP hate fest. Carry on!

Well you have this factual information, correct? Even mentions your favorite brand by name:

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Aug-17-ENG.pdf

Yes and all the numbers are so close how do you justify a 35% higher price?

Ah, the weekly BASH RP thread, complete with ignorant and some totally false accusations.

But hey, don't let any factual truth stand in the the way of another RP hate fest. Carry on!

If I came on here in my very first post and promptly told everyone that (insert brand here) was the best oil and far better than the other brands , then I would expect a similar reaction.

This is a drive by poster sitting in the basement laughing right now. Probably a returnee.

M1 AFE is not synthetic, neither is your Royal Purple ILSAC / API certified product.

Really.

Would you Consider Amsoil SS a "real" synthetic?

Might be a viable option for the OP if he is looking at Boutique lubes.

Originally Posted by donnyj08

Really.

Would you Consider Amsoil SS a "real" synthetic?

Might be a viable option for the OP if he is looking at Boutique lubes.

I think Amsoil SS is a pao while Amsoil OE is a grp 3,right?

Originally Posted by ChevJames
... Royal Purple advises to wait until your engine has at least 2,000 miles on it before using their oil...what would happen if I put in Royal Purple at around 1,000 miles?

What's the dilemma here? You've answered your own question...are you just looking for support in going against what RP recommends? You'll not find that from me for 2 reasons a) RP recommends waiting and b) there's nothing wrong with waiting. Take a deep breath and allow the break in process to take place. You've got the life of that engine to use your Royal Purple lube. But you do you if that helps you sleep at night...

Last edited:

Well you have this factual information, correct? Even mentions your favorite brand by name:

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Aug-17-ENG.pdf

That Mustang uoa looked horrible! Said the chain ate through the guides. I wonder if Ford spec 5W50 would've saved it?

2000 miles at least. Redline oil indicates a 2000 mile minimum also. For all those new Hondas with the factory fill, 2000 miles would be a good recommendation also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back