How often to use Auto-RX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be doing my first Auto-rx treatment next week on my 70K mile '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee(ZJ) I6. I've been using Amsoil synthetic oil for the past 30K miles but used dino oil for the first 40K miles. So I'm sure I have sludge in the engine and that's why I'm doing it. I ordered 2 bottles since I need to use 14 ounces. I'll use the remaining 10 ounces as a 3 oz. maintenance dose for future oil changes. My question is how often should we be doing a full treatment of autorx? Every 15k miles or so? Also, is a 3 oz. maintenance dose necessary at every oil change if using synthetic oil?

Thanks.

IMO, running amsoil for 40k, your engine is probably pretty clean. The auto-rx might not even be necessary, but if you want to use it, then I would probably just use 1 12oz bottle, and save the other for another application somewhere down the line. Using amsoil.......I would imagine that future autorx flushes, would not be necessary, unless you are using it for seal conditioning, or to stop oil consumption. Probably no less than 50000 miles between applications. I am no expert, so take that with a grain of salt.
tongue.gif

Every 15k is definitely not necessary. Honestly, once you get the engine clean from using this product, if you use a good oil after that, you may never need to use it again to keep things clean, although just to be safe it might be a good idea to do a full treatment every 50k.

Or you could always just go with regular smaller maintenance doses each interval, in which case you'd definitely not need to do the full treatment again.

Frank

Member # 34

posted October 04, 2003 03:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use maintenance amount of Auto-Rx (3 ounces with oil change )keep close tabs on results such as
pick up, mpg, overall performance. Than do the same with any other product added after next oil change. Think you will be able to post definitive
results.

My opinion is to retreat every 50,000 with auto-rx. If you stick to the maintenance dosage you could probably go forever. I would just prefer to do a treatment every 50,000 to keep things nice and clean. I guess Patman beat me to it. Great minds think alike.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TR3-2001SE:
My opinion is to retreat every 50,000 with auto-rx. If you stick to the maintenance dosage you could probably go forever. I would just prefer to do a treatment every 50,000 to keep things nice and clean. I guess Patman beat me to it. Great minds think alike.
grin.gif

Yep!
smile.gif

I'm taking the same route with Neutra in my fuel too, I used to add a little bit every tankful, but found that to be a pain, and I wonder if it's going to really clean things up as well as running a much larger dose would. So now I figure I'll just add one full 12oz bottle every 10,000km.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
*-*-*-if you use a good oil after that, you may never need to use it again to keep things clean, *-*-*-*-Or you could always just go with regular smaller maintenance doses each interval, in which case you'd definitely not need to do the full treatment again.

YUP. I'll agree. From what this si suppose to do, just do the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back