How Often Change Honda DW-1?

I did some searching and I couldn't find any guidelines. And there's nothing in the owner's manual. I found nothing on YouTube. I couldn't find anything here.

If you want to keep your Honda indefinitely, how often would you change the DW-1. 30K? 50K?

The only guideline (official) would be more modern Hondas in which the MM gives a code to change the ATF. Anything else is just opinion.

The only guideline (official) would be more modern Hondas in which the MM gives a code to change the ATF. Anything else is just opinion.
Well, what’s your opinion?

I guess I’m too old and dumb but I don’t trust the car’s computer to tell me when to do anything.

I do my Toyota T-IV and D-III (4Runner) every 30K

That’s sorta what I’m thinking but it’s so easy I may drop it back.

Neighbor's 2010 Accord 4 speed auto.
I sump drain & filled it at 50K (when I first began tending the car), then 85K and will do it again @130K as the fluid was OK looking @ 85K.
The vehicle shifts well.

I've also done the same to the coolant. Magically, the radiator drains exactly 1 gallon. Darn clever.

Well, what’s your opinion?

I guess I’m too old and dumb but I don’t trust the car’s computer to tell me when to do anything.
Let me know when you find an official answer... I had to double-check what you asked and in case you've already forgotten,

I did some searching and I couldn't find any guidelines. And there's nothing in the owner's manual.
You want opinions, so I'll give you mine: Do a single drain and fill every time you change the oil. It's easy and the fluid is cheap.

I'm pretty much with @JeffKeryk , every 25k to 30k I do a drain and fill, as it gets older, maybe lean to slightly more often, and I usually change the filter every other spill and fill, maybe every 3rd, just depending how the fluid looks.

On G2 Ridgelines the OLM maintenance minder will ask for a transmission oil change along with one of the engine oil changes somewhere under 30K miles . My truck had always had early oil changes without allowing the OLM to run to the end therefore I never got the memo about the transmission. At about 40K miles the truck developed a light surge at part throttle with the RPM's fluctuating up and down about 100 rpm. I started looking on forums for the cause and everybody said change the transmission fluid. Much to my surprise 4 quarts of fresh DW-1 completely cured the problem. Apparently this is one vehicle where a transmission oil change about every 30K miles is required for proper operation.

Let me know when you find an official answer... I had to double-check what you asked and in case you've already forgotten,

You want opinions, so I'll give you mine: Do a single drain and fill every time you change the oil. It's easy and the fluid is cheap.
Every 3K might be a little much. LOL

I'm pretty much with @JeffKeryk , every 25k to 30k I do a drain and fill, as it gets older, maybe lean to slightly more often, and I usually change the filter every other spill and fill, maybe every 3rd, just depending how the fluid looks.
Do the rest of y’all change the filter?

Do the rest of y’all change the filter?
Depends on the year and model as they didn't all have (inline) filters it seems. Some models started getting them while others remained without them. Not sure which have filters today and which still don't. Honda says it normally doesn't need changed and even dealership techs have no details on maintenance for them. I imagine there's documentation related to transmission replacements and then they tell you to change it because it is a part Honda sells. On another forum, multiple users (I know, still anecdotal) that did 1-3 D&F every 30k miles, then replaced that filter said they wasted their time and money as the filter was basically "clean".

Although my 2017 accord sport had a cvt, I did a drain and fill at 30K miles with HCF-2, then at 32K miles a 3X drain and fill with Amsoil cvt fluid, a single drain and fill with Amsoil at 62K miles and will do a drain and fill every 30K etc…

Like some have said, 25-30K mile intervals should be fine

DW-1 isnt the longest lasting.. I would do 30k mile intervals and if its slushy or 5f out 35k would be fine too.

Back