How much would you pay for this 2010 Ford Fusion?

You do not know the dealer's cost basis, or willingness to "make a deal" and it's still an odd time to try and guess. I wouldnt buy it myself with the rust but I'm a southern queen in a sea of unsullied vehicles. That particular model though is very reliable and definitely what to look for.

My daughter has a 2010 with 100k on it she paid 5K in 2018 with around 75k on it , the powertrain has been bullet proof !
I know prices are still insane but $ 5900 i think is a bit much 13 year old car with that mileage . $4000 or walk away for me.
Just looked at the photos rockers are done god knows what the under carriage looks like !
i wouldn't even touch that car.

Since the dealer didn't bondo the rockers it seems like they really don't care about this car. Likely took it on trade.

Kentucky doesn't do inspections, so it's not a technical problem, but you should still patch those outer rockers to keep the inner ones intact.

How badly do you want it? How much would you drive per year? It's probably got ~5 years left in it. The 2.5 is a great motor and the interiors hold up very well.

Reliable car, but I guarantee it’s a complete rot box underneath. Those rockers are GONE.
$2-3k at the most for that…but the dealer will get closer to what they are asking, sadly.

Reliable car, but I guarantee it’s a complete rot box underneath. Those rockers are GONE.
$2-3k at the most for that…but the dealer will get closer to what they are asking, sadly.
I got to dump my BIL's Fusion of that era. The rockers were worse than this car but the unibody was fine as was everything within the pinch welds.

See if the AC works and if there are any dash lights.

The rust on the rockers is typical for the Midwest. Although, seems to be a bit more than I'd expect for southern Indiana. Wouldn't be surprised at all if car came from somewhere farther north (Fort Wayne, Toledo, Cleveland...). That light interior color doesn't help either. The black interior would look much so better at this point. 2.5 engine is a bonus. I'd be in at $5000 if everything works, it doesn't have any apparent issues, and the tires all match the one pictured.

Check to see if it comes with temp plates. I get it, no inspections in your state, but that site layout is way too familiar to the wholesalers I was seeing up here. Some had temp plates, some didn't. Advice I got on this site was, avoid the wholesalers, if the local lots didn't want it, then you know it had problems.

Looks ok to me, might be worth looking at. As mentioned, it might not be that bad underneath.

Around here that would be described as "hardly any" rust. It only gets worse from there.

Back