How much to sell my CR-V for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with the crowd that says keep it and use it as your work vehicle.

If you are selling, don't list repairs, list maintained with records available.

The alternator / battery stuff is worthless to a buyer. If the headunit has bluetooth, just list it was upgraded to a bluetooth capable head unit. As others have suggested, it's going to scream hacked aftermarket install.

Unless you have photos showing a show-quality install of the remote start and head unit, I'd just list them as features, but not go into detail.

When I hear about remote start and aftermarket radio, I see twisted wires and black electrical tape holding it all together.

Have it detailed and then see if you want to keep it or still want to sell it on.

All the above has been duly noted.

In regards to the stereo and sound system, I did keep all the factory gear so I might go ahead and revert it to stock when the time comes. I did spend a fair bit on the headunit alone and I'd like to hold onto that.

The remote start was installed by a reputable local shop and I'll have them take it out for me so I can transplant it into whatever car I get next. They used a T harness so it is plug and play, nothing got spliced or butchered that I recall.

The maintenance records from the previous owner are complete and in the manual and all the sheets and receipts from things I've had done are in the glovebox as well.

I will have the auto body class at my school detail my car for me during lunch period but the stains are so set in by now I highly doubt anything will get accomplished.

In the meantime I'll hold onto it as a work vehicle but ultimately I want something with a V8 eventually.

If I were spending my money, I'd keep the CR-V for work and use the money saved to rent a V8 vehicle for fun weekends on the occasions you might want one.

Heck, even the V6 Mustang has more get up and go than the V8 of the 1980s did.

While a well sorted V8 sounds great, I'm not sure it's really needed. I've lived most of my life WITHOUT a V8. I've owned two over the close to 40 years I've been driving. Both were Ford 4.6L engines. One in a T-Bird and one in my current Grand Marquis.

I wouldn't say they are life changing experiences. My 2.5L Mazda 3 is more fun to drive than either of those two cars are. Now, the MGM and the T-Bird were better road trip cars for sure.

Before you go dropping 10s of thousands just to have a V8, see about getting one for a weekend, like a full sized SUV at your local rental car place. See if it realy changes your life, or is just a nice to have thing.

In the end, like what you drive and drive what you like.

Originally Posted by cwilliamsws6
All the above has been duly noted.

In regards to the stereo and sound system, I did keep all the factory gear so I might go ahead and revert it to stock when the time comes. I did spend a fair bit on the headunit alone and I'd like to hold onto that.

The remote start was installed by a reputable local shop and I'll have them take it out for me so I can transplant it into whatever car I get next. They used a T harness so it is plug and play, nothing got spliced or butchered that I recall.

The maintenance records from the previous owner are complete and in the manual and all the sheets and receipts from things I've had done are in the glovebox as well.

I will have the auto body class at my school detail my car for me during lunch period but the stains are so set in by now I highly doubt anything will get accomplished.

In the meantime I'll hold onto it as a work vehicle but ultimately I want something with a V8 eventually.

If you do a CarGuru's search, just add the model year of your CR-V and it will display listing all over showing them by the deal meter as per asking price.
Great Deal
Good Deal
Fair deal
Overpriced

It's easy to come up with a market asking price when you can get a sampling of what's out there now. Your upgrades / improvements will help you sell it or compete with other choices in your area but seldom add $ value to the bottom line.
It sounds like a perfect first car for a new/newer driver so network with friends, co workers or family if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back