How much should I overdose with Techron?

Can I put three bottles in one tank and speed up the cleaning of my injectors? 10.6 gallon gas tank.

Unless you want to be like this clown:

If your injectors need cleaning that badly, put theTechron back on the shelf, pocket the savings and send them to:

He does great work.

LIQUIMOLY brand Jectron injector cleaner, try that. One bottle to at least 16-20 gallons fuel.
You're welcome.

Can I put three bottles in one tank and speed up the cleaning of my injectors? 10.6 gallon gas tank.
If you like to walk on the wild side / flirt with disaster, etc... ;) Honestly do not do that to your vehicle, unless you got a roll of cash on hand to correct the problems there is a chance can occur thru your idea to overdose it. We had a member here recently will tell you he tried that and things did not turn out well. There is a good reason they tell us how many ounces per gallon to use. I always used to think like that. If a little is good then a lot is better. NOT

If you want more potent, just fill up with the techron and idle your car for 1 hour. Turn off the engine and let it heat-soaked for an hour or so and drive like you steal.

stick to the recommended amount. like another said, look for someone to send the injectors out to have them flow tested and refurbished with new o-rings and inlet screens. did this to an old Jeep I used to own and it idled so much better after the ultrasonic cleaning, also acceleration was smoother. will be doing this to the injectors on my old V6 Pilot this spring during a head tear down.

Use the correct dose for two back to back tanks of gas. If that doesn't clean then send them off to @Trav and have them professionally cleaned.

This is some flaky stuff.

So, idle is bad, are injectors dirty? Who knows... Do I try a cleaner? If it doesn't work, are they still dirty or is it another problem? If they're still dirty do I try another bottle? Another? When do I stop? What if it's not even the problem?

This is some flaky stuff.

So, idle is bad, are injectors dirty? Who knows... Do I try a cleaner? If it doesn't work, are they still dirty or is it another problem? If they're still dirty do I try another bottle? Another? When do I stop? What if it's not even the problem?
Maybe a new air filter, maybe a MAP sensor cleaning, maybe a complete induction system cleaning?

Attachments

• 165A2C07-48ED-4354-BFF7-8F81589A0D7A.jpg
    165A2C07-48ED-4354-BFF7-8F81589A0D7A.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 4
This thread topic smells like trolls. If not... please, for the love of the Holy Lord, do not triple-dose your fuel with additives. Use only the recommended amount, and run it three separate times.

Reactions: 4WD
So I have a Cherokee, like an 88 MY, 4.0 and let me tell you it’s a complete POS trans is borderline shot, it’s got major rust issues, nothing really works and the radiator has a massive leak I basically have it for I guess a back up vehicle in the winter because if I wreck it I won’t feel bad, any way I took it for roughly a month and would add 3-4 bottles of redline, Techron and gum out and then sometimes put 5 gallons of gas in and sometimes I’d fill the tank, it leaks when it’s full so that was rare, the jeep didn’t die but then again it’s basically already dead just no one told it. Wouldn’t recommend it on a vehicle you actually care about.

Back