How much do you pay for a haircut?

How do you rate that price from them? They're $15 here, except $13 for "seniors." The Great Clips "stylists" seem to rely too much on spacers to control the length, therefore can't seem to understand that I want the sides tapered.
My father (who had cut hair while in the Army, unofficially) did it free until I was about 23. Elderly small-town barber near here was $5 until he vanished (retired or died?) about 5 years ago. The nearby female barber he recommended was $10, then $12, then $14 as of last week.
see above post.

Where are you all getting hair cuts at to pay that kind of money? I go to my local barber shop in a small farm town in Indiana, pay $11, and usually give $3 tip. He's always busy, usually have 4-5 people in line ahead of me when I go.

Just got a haircut, (a really nice one), from a new gal yesterday afternoon. She was able to take me right away, (I walked in with no appointment). She charged me $25.00, and I gave her a $5.00 tip. She was happy and so was I.

I spend about 65 bucks for haircut and style. 25 dollars of that is tip to the beautiful girl that keeps me from looking like an animal. The process takes two hours... its worth it for me..

Back