How much do you pay for a haircut?

$25 for a cut and shampoo. I hand her $35. She's been cutting my hair for close to 20 years. She never charges my wife for her simple trims. I stalked her from Regis to Gottschalks to JC Penny and two salon rentals.

After covid shut down my Chicago guy went from first come first serve @$25 to appointment only @$30 to eliminate a bench full of waiters.
I moved to the suburbs so I don't mind the $5 increase since I gotta drive a little now so nice to just walk in and it's my turn.
I tried to find a local shop in da burbs just in case and she charges $33 so $3 more but shampoos as well.
I stick with my Chicago guy as been going there 17-19 years probably so like family but got a good suburb backup now in case my guy goes on vacation, don't feel like Chicago drive or someday he retires.

$0 to have your mom cut your hair. Wahl cutter, #3 on the top #2 on the sides.

And still $0 now that I rock long hair, yep rock long hair.

How can some of you guys cut your own hair and make that transition not a complete train wreck. I pay $15 with tip. It's a fast hair cut she takes under 10 minutes once I'm seated.

$20 plus $5 tip. Usually take my son (turning 7 soon) so $50 to get us both done. MD suburbs of DC.

My brothers and I somehow inherited great hair from our dad, on my mother's side of the family all the men are bald and the women have thin hair. I joke to my son when he's yanking on my hair that my hair puts a roof over his head lol.

jeff

Been shaving my head since I was 35 and the top got thin to the point it was non-existent I would look like Friar Tuck if I let everything else grow.

One less thing on my 'go out in public' to-do list and one more thing to add to the personal hygiene list every few days.

So $0-ish Blades aren't free, but the added cost is down in the noise since I have to shave my face anyways.

Back