How much again for a 5 acre lot?

Had a realiter show up at my place a few weeks ago looking for the empty lot just north of me. Yay another clown that can't read a no trespassing sign.

He said he was from the los Angeles area and not familiar with our area. I showed him the lot and went on my way.

He priced it pretty high imo. Every empty lot around here has sold between $5k and $10 k at the most.

But it looks like it's a pending sale!

The dirt road along the west side is my driveway. I can see my house in some of the pics.

Last edited:
Wow I thought the people's republic would be way higher. In Colorado two acres is as low as $125,000 to $600,000 for .33 acre. Depending on location.

How is your water supply problem coming along?
Since we had lots of rain in January the water level came up 4 ft. I had the pump put back in the ground 2-20. The intake on the pump is about 4 ft off the bottom.

I had 2 ft of water when it stopped pumping.

2 ft +4ft puts me with about 2 ft over the pump intake.

My measurements showed the water was coming up 1 inch per day.

Then we got absolutely dumped on with rain and snow in February. The Mojave river has been flowing and that's what fills the aquifer.. but that takes time.

Since I can't measure the well with the pump installed I have to guess that it's up another 36 inches. That would be 5 ft over the intake.

It will usually run about 12 minutes before it sucks air. Occasionally I can run it much longer. It ran 29 minutes Friday... I have no idea why.

I'm thinking that the water @ the 288 ft mark is moving and that is why the casing collapsed at that level.

I'm also thinking that the water has to come up through that sand that's now in the well and that's why it can't supply enough to allow the pump to run longer.

All my speculation I guess.

The pump is 5 gpm but the well can only supply 3.9 gpm. Assuming my math was correct .

Yesterday I hooked the well back up to my pressure tank. I turned the pump on and watched my ammeter. When it sucks air I turn it off. Wait 5 minutes and do it again.

Currently I have a full 2000g storage tank and a full pressure tank I filled off the well a little at a time.

My math if correct tells me I need 3 more feet of water for the pump to be able to pump dependability. If someone wants to check my math that would be great.

I plan on buying a pump protector. It will automatically cycle the pump if it senses the amperage drop when the pump sucks air.

I am going to have to somehow come up with $40k+ in the very near future to drill a new well but the longer I can hold that off ( and save up as much as I can) the better

Didn't expect such a detailed answer!(y)

One good year does not mean a trend. But you already know that.

How much land do you own? At those prices, perhaps sell some?

Just a thought, none of my business. Once it's gone, it's gone. They ain't making it anymore.

And you don't get to choose your neighbors.

What is it zoned for?

"I'm thinking that the water @ the 288 ft mark is moving and that is why the casing collapsed at that level."

Borehole camera?

Last edited:
Didn't expect such a detailed answer!(y)

One good year does not mean a trend. But you already know that.

How much land do you own? At those prices, perhaps sell some?

Just a thought, none of my business. Once it's gone, it's gone. They ain't making it anymore.

And you don't get to choose your neighbors.

What is it zoned for?

"I'm thinking that the water @ the 288 ft mark is moving and that is why the casing collapsed at that level."

Borehole camera?
I own my 5 ac lot as well as the 5acres on my

east side. The problem with selling the lot on the east is that whoever was to buy it would have to share my driveway. Something I don't want to have to deal with. It's zoned for houses,horses etc. No business.

I asked about a camera but they wanted $600 to do that so I passed.

The red circle is me lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326-095941~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326-095941~2.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 58
I find city people do not understand property right. I get permission to go onto to peoples lands, a real estate for sale sign legally is open season for people to come and see .

A decent 5 acre building site here could easily go for 100k or so.

Given the location and state, I’d say 82k is fairly reasonable.

I find city people do not understand property right. I get permission to go onto to peoples lands, a real estate for sale sign legally is open season for people to come and see .
Nope . Not here . For Sale means only that . Ask before entering .

Back