How many open recalls on your vehicle.

I need those done. Honestly I'd like to just disable the airbags. Do more harm than good imo
Yeah and the problem is the new installed units just have a desiccant added to the same dangerous stuff that goes poof, what happens when that is saturated? Also never any talk about the car or ? that have side and seat airbags, so what about those inflators do they use bubble gum for propellant? No one cares or worries about it till it causes an injury or ?
Just too many secrets and lack of information on the integrity of the replacements. Plus the same old idiot zero thought process engineering is involved in the tin can that holds the pressure, it has no special pressure relief system to direct an over pressure away from the auto passengers, driver etc. Those cans need to be thicker than a tin can.

One. GM unintended key rotation which I've already fixed properly by replacing the electrical part of the ignition switch (because it broke). GM's fix was a key insert. I'm not willing to take my car to the dealer when the fix is a key insert.

GM's fix was a workaround, not a real fix anyway ("fixed" key on the right):
key_insert_02.jpg

I'd be OK showing up to a GM dealer with just a key and the recall card, but for some reason the dealers want me to drop off the whole car for a day for this. Presumably the dealers are fishing for work, and I'm not going to let them do that. I've only checked 2 dealers so far.

One. GM unintended key rotation which I've already fixed properly by replacing the electrical part of the ignition switch (because it broke). GM's fix was a key insert. I'm not willing to take my car to the dealer when the fix is a key insert.

GM's fix was a workaround, not a real fix anyway ("fixed" key on the right):
View attachment 182040

I'd be OK showing up to a GM dealer with just a key and the recall card, but for some reason the dealers want me to drop off the whole car for a day for this. Presumably the dealers are fishing for work, and I'm not going to let them do that. I've only checked 2 dealers so far.
I have experience with losing a 2011 key and fob. The fob looks like 1992, but, the key has the plus sign as well which means chipped.

My son put the keys into a Mr. Potato Head, but I thought we lost it. So rather than pay the dealer, we paid Batteries+ $180.

The process is delete everything in the car.

Now, add back your good key, good fob.

Add the new key, new fob.

By doing the above, the lost key and fob are no good, although they can physically unlock the driver door.

Well, we found the lost key and fob.

Owner of the franchise was good enough to add another key, another fob--the found keys.

They are charged, because the software that does the programming, is a subscription.

I watched the whole process, it takes time as there are built in wait periods. I took that to be in place so you cannot steal a vehicle using such a laptop and software, you're there for 5 min doing nothing but counting down...my .02

Back