How many GenX'ers do we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m 42 and change my own **** oil I’m a Gen Xer 🤓
c002b416-3a2d-42c0-8b10-2806233fcaa9-1672147955452.jpg

Some solid GenX cynicism here...let's keep it going!

I was born in 83 and raised part time by my boomer parents then finished out Jr. High and on with my grandma from the silent generation. Parents were broke so despite being born in the millenial generation we had Gen X tech at home.

I was born in 83 and raised part time by my boomer parents then finished out Jr. High and on with my grandma from the silent generation. Parents were broke so despite being born in the millenial generation we had Gen X tech at home.

Posting the same thing in two posts is definitely a Boomer move.

So it's like you're older...

Side story.

Great aunt-in-law was born in 23 so that makes her the greatest generation.

She asked about a rocket launch in the news (that's all she did at 100, watch the news) and I explained how outer space (to the best of my knowledge) works, you know 0 gravity, moon landings, stars. She shook her head and waved her hand "nonsense".

She also asked me if she should change her password as there was some hacking event in the news.....she had no computer.

I’m barely a millennial raised by GenX parents. My wife (3 years younger than me) is barely GenZ raised by Boomers. My kids are Gen Alpha.

Class of 57 checking in. Grew up loving the 60's, 70's and 80's. Best bands making the best music. Best cars. Best Hot Rods. Everything else is just noise to me. Like Bob Seger sang.

♫Just take those old records off the shelf
I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself
Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll
Don't try to take me to a disco
You'll never even get me out on the floor
In ten minutes I'll be late for the door
I like that old time rock 'n' roll♫

I saw an interesting site that gave the generations breakdown:

• The Greatest Generation – born 1901-1924.
  • The Silent Generation – born 1925-1945.
  • The Baby Boomer Generation – born 1946-1964.
  • Generation X – born 1965-1979.
  • Millennials – born 1980-1994.
  • Generation Z – born 1995-2012.
  • Gen Alpha – born 2013 – 2025.
But they correctly stated there IS overlap, and its dependent on your life interests and activities, not just raw age. For example someone born at the very end of the boomers could be culturally connected with Gen X. I think that fits me perfectly. I was born October 1963, but share little with most born in the late 40's. I am much more connected with those born in the late 60's and 70's culturally, socially, and technology wise.

As my wife and I sit having a few drinks listening to a GenX classic...INXS's KICK....it had me wondering what % of the BITOG-universe falls into that generational sweet-spot between the lame Boomers and participation-trophy loving Millenials...born from 1965-1979?

1972 here.

View attachment 189839View attachment 189840
You are Gen X and insted of Dire Straits you put INXS? Check out of this generation 😂.

You and I got added to Gen X mid 1996, originally we were considered Gen Y until they changed the cut off.

Lately we are getting grouped into the Oregon Trail microgeneration

I agree with this! No one born in 1965 knew what it was like to die of dysentery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back