How many didn't get packages delivered on time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Yes, I will agree that a lot of ads said that. As a kid I bought stuff out of magazines and catalogs and did see that statement. The one thing I bought a lot of - model rockets and supplies - was delivered faster than that though. They knew there was an impatient kid on the other end who was watching the clock for the mailman to arrive.

Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Oh come on, it never took "at least a month" to arrive. 3 days for your check to arrive there, a day or two to process and ship, and then a week or less for you to receive it. On the outside two weeks. Things weren't that bad.

Originally Posted By: kender
Our society has become very spoiled IMO!! I remember a few decades ago when you had to mail a check and then wait at least a month for your order to arrive. BTW, I ordered a couple of last minute items. Both arrived before Christmas. Kudos to my UPS people.

I remember a lot of mail order stuff saying "allow 2-4 weeks for processing and delivery" and it would be almost 4 weeks. Of course this was waaaaaay back in the 1970s.
smirk.gif

John

Sometimes "6-8 weeks for delivery". And yes, this would have been back in the seventies.

Originally Posted By: richard8988
Did not get my pkg. If they can not deliver, then they should refuse. Our news showed UPS workers leaving while it was still daylight. I think they just did not care.

If they were drivers, they may have been up against their HOS limit.

I had eleven different packages shipped to three different places...everything arrived in time.

Let me guess....next you're gonna hold your breath till you turn blue!
Now you can add me to your "ignore" list too!
LMAO!!!

OK... You didn't have anything worth sharing, so why not?

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: dparm

Just remember, ground-based services do not have guaranteed delivery dates...

Then UPS and Fedex need to stop advertising them as such....

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shippin...t1.html_mod_qlk
They commit to 1-5 days for ground

Fedex definitely guarantees ground with a money back guarantee*
http://www.fedex.com/us/fedex/shippingservices/package/ground.html

Thanks and I stand corrected, but if you read other terms on their site carefully they will often say they aren't liable due to weather and other things.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
We sent six boxes to various far off relatives vis USPS on 12/9 and all arrived the following week.
I was pleased and doubt that Fedex or UPS would have been faster or cheaper.
And if anything, the USPS would have been the final delivery company anyway. Lately I've been getting a lot of packages that start out as FedEx deliveries, but are actually left for me by the USPS.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
UPS Ground is not guaranteed in the time sense just that they get it there.

There are remote parts in the midwest that take a minimum of 6 days. We found this out in my company the hard way.

If you get your cross country shipment in 5 days I consider that lucky.

UPS definitely does guarantee it:
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/ground.html

You can put in origin and destination ZIP codes and it will tell you how long it will take.

I've always got stuff coast to coast (ok, CA -> PA) in 5 days with UPS Ground.

Did you see "typically", most of the time you will but if they give a date and there is an exception they covered their butt.

This is how it works all the time especially with weather.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Let me guess....next you're gonna hold your breath till you turn blue!
Now you can add me to your "ignore" list too!
LMAO!!!

OK... You didn't have anything worth sharing, so why not?

Cool!!!
smirk.gif

We mailed a USPS Priority pkg at 4:00pm on 12/20 and it arrived in Small Town MT on 12/24...no complaints. OTOH, an Express Mail pkg mailed to us on the same day did not arrive next day (from Tulsa)...but it did get delivered in 2 days, and my brother will get a $48.10 refund for missing the delivery commitment.

GrtArtiste

Still waiting on a package mailed by an Ebay seller on 21st Dec.
USPS priority 2-day mail.
Last update is from the 21st late night at Kansas sorting facility...
frown.gif

Contacted USPS via online form to see what's up.

(Estimated delivery date range ends tomorrow. After that I can contact ebay seller. (what can he do IDK).
Package is insured and also qualifies for Ebay buyer protection...)

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
frown.gif

(Estimated delivery date range ends tomorrow. After that I can contact ebay seller. (what can he do IDK).

I had that problem too. Appeared to be stuck for 4 days with no tracking updates, then suddenly showed up. The USPS is unreliable pretty much all year, twice as bad around the holidays.

Mine wasn't a delivery issue. It was a shipping issue. I ordered something from one of Amazon's partners on 12/12 that was supposed to ship either 12/13 or 12/16 with 1-3 business day shipping.

As of 12/19, it hadn't shipped and I asked them to cancel the order since I was hoping to have it on 12/20.

The seller just copied my 12/17 message and sent it back with no information. But they did cancel the order.

Just annoying to say they have something in stock and then do nothing with the order. Not really a hot item. Just a travel mug shaped like a camera lens. Not some really hot must-have holiday gift idea.

I get parts overnight to the local FedEx Office location. So I know the local team and see some of the drivers.

Saw one of the drivers for FedEx Home on 12/24 and she was in a rental truck. Seems FedEx put them in larger trucks for the holiday so they wouldn't need to go back to base and reload. It was a mixed bag for her. She could get her daily deliveries on the truck. But the truck was just a box truck. She couldn't get out of the drivers seat, grab the package and go to the door. She had to exit the truck, go to the back to get into the box, find the package and then deliver it to the door.

Fed Ex, 2 packages both due for delivery on Dec. 24 arrived on Dec. 26. Zero weather delays.

First package was sent 2-day on Dec. 20. Arrived about 25 miles from me at 12:37AM on Dec. 23. They didn't bother putting it on the truck for delivery on Dec. 23 or 24. Just left it at the warehouse.

Second package was an international shipment that required a signature. Received an automated call from Fed Ex the evening of Dec. 23 saying the package would be delivered on Dec. 24 and that someone needed to be present to sign for it. The package arrived about 25 miles away in the AM on Dec. 24 but they didn't bother putting it on the truck for delivery.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
frown.gif

I had that problem too. Appeared to be stuck for 4 days with no tracking updates, then suddenly showed up. The USPS is unreliable pretty much all year, twice as bad around the holidays.

Sold 2 cognac bottles to a buyer in MA, shipped USPS on Monday Dec 23 Priority 2-day mail, he received it on Thursday Dec 26, that is 2 days since Dec 25 was Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back