How many didn't get packages delivered on time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Oh come on, it never took "at least a month" to arrive. 3 days for your check to arrive there, a day or two to process and ship, and then a week or less for you to receive it. On the outside two weeks. Things weren't that bad.

Originally Posted By: kender
Our society has become very spoiled IMO!! I remember a few decades ago when you had to mail a check and then wait at least a month for your order to arrive. BTW, I ordered a couple of last minute items. Both arrived before Christmas. Kudos to my UPS people.

I remember a lot of mail order stuff saying "allow 2-4 weeks for processing and delivery" and it would be almost 4 weeks. Of course this was waaaaaay back in the 1970s.
smirk.gif

John

We got a regular Fedex delivery on Sunday morning. When I mentioned this to the guy at UPS (as they were failing to find my package), he said "oh yeah, we are going to start delivering on Sunday too". I responded that they should have started this week.

Originally Posted By: R80RS
We didn't order much on line this year, so no personal problems. But, I did see both a UPS and a FedEx truck out making deliveries at almost 6PM on the 24th. Those drivers were hustling.

I know that much of the blame is being placed on the ice storm that hit Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri on Dec. 6th. DFW Airport was essentially shut down for the better part of 4 days and a major UPS hub there was without power for 3 days. On another note I placed an order last Thursday that was being shipped from Indiana by UPS and scheduled to be delivered on 1/2/14, but it now shows to be scheduled for early delivery on 12/27/13...I guess they finally caught up.

Last edited:
Post office was clearly backed up, as several Priority Mail packages took 4+ days to arrive. Not the end of the world, and it was what I predicted.

Like others said, we had UPS and FedEx showing up in the late afternoon on Christmas Eve. They had rented vans and trucks from all of the local places to try and handle it.

Just remember, ground-based services do not have guaranteed delivery dates...

All came on time here. Why? Cause I avoid Amazon like the Plague it is. I typically will actually go to the store and buy what I need. Better to buy locally and support the local economy vs the house of cards that is Amazon.

And if I need something they don't have I'll use Amazon as an absolute last resort. I'll search it out elsewhere on the Internet - may pay a few $$ more but I don't get suckered with the Prime Scam or shipping delays or whatever.

The 3 things we mail ordered:
Some knitting stuff for the wife - came USPS Priority from the West coast in 2 days like they promised
The other thing she wanted was from Amazon and that came USPS in the allotted time.
I got a some camera equipment from B&H and that came UPS ground well before Christmas.

No sympathy for those that tried to "Save a buck" and had "their Christmas ruined".

Originally Posted By: dernp
Well I think it's a good thing for the economy when people are complaining about shipping speed. I see it as people are spending money and that's what we need.

Seems more like we will find out that less people shopped in store and instead moved to online shopping rather than people spent significantly more. Also somewhat staggering (though maybe this is consistent year over year) I have heard that 1/3 of all online spending is returned/exchanged.

I know for me, much of the online shopping was after the fact, finding better prices online and returning the original purchase.

Some people need a wake up call to reality (i.e, a REAL problem) to put all this silly whining into perspective.

We sent six boxes to various far off relatives vis USPS on 12/9 and all arrived the following week.
I was pleased and doubt that Fedex or UPS would have been faster or cheaper.

Several late packages, but no biggie, never expect them to show up on time due to winter and Christmas. I'm just glad they eventually do deliver them, and in one piece.

USPS likes to just rip our boxes of valuable books to shreds and return only the label to us. Total loss and a refund to the customer. They only offer to refund the postage, so you have to buy and claim on insurance. Even with the entire box laminated in packing tape we still had them destroy a 30lb box last month. So pathetic.

UPS Ground is not guaranteed in the time sense just that they get it there.

There are remote parts in the midwest that take a minimum of 6 days. We found this out in my company the hard way.

If you get your cross country shipment in 5 days I consider that lucky.

I ordered mine 11/29 and didn't get it til 12/24 but it had little to do with Fedex and more to do with Dell making promises.

Did not get my pkg. If they can not deliver, then they should refuse. Our news showed UPS workers leaving while it was still daylight. I think they just did not care.

I could have gone to the store and picked up for same price.

Pkg. still not here.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
UPS Ground is not guaranteed in the time sense just that they get it there.

There are remote parts in the midwest that take a minimum of 6 days. We found this out in my company the hard way.

If you get your cross country shipment in 5 days I consider that lucky.

UPS definitely does guarantee it:
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/ground.html

You can put in origin and destination ZIP codes and it will tell you how long it will take.

I've always got stuff coast to coast (ok, CA -> PA) in 5 days with UPS Ground.

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Christmas has fallen on December 25 every year that I have existed on this planet.

Did it sneak up on you this year?

It was their problem, not mine. I placed my orders well in advance of their published deadline.

It sure became your problem.

Look. I'm not trying to absolve them of blame but if you run your life based on marketing claims then get used to being disappointed.

Let me guess... you're retired from UPS... because you're bound and determined to make this into being my fault. But it isn't going to work, and from here on out, I'm not going to see the content of any more of your messages.

Yes, I will agree that a lot of ads said that. As a kid I bought stuff out of magazines and catalogs and did see that statement. The one thing I bought a lot of - model rockets and supplies - was delivered faster than that though. They knew there was an impatient kid on the other end who was watching the clock for the mailman to arrive.

Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Oh come on, it never took "at least a month" to arrive. 3 days for your check to arrive there, a day or two to process and ship, and then a week or less for you to receive it. On the outside two weeks. Things weren't that bad.

Originally Posted By: kender
Our society has become very spoiled IMO!! I remember a few decades ago when you had to mail a check and then wait at least a month for your order to arrive. BTW, I ordered a couple of last minute items. Both arrived before Christmas. Kudos to my UPS people.

I remember a lot of mail order stuff saying "allow 2-4 weeks for processing and delivery" and it would be almost 4 weeks. Of course this was waaaaaay back in the 1970s.
smirk.gif

John

A few packages not delivered yet. But that's okay only because it was a few things I ordered for myself, although the orders said they would be delivered before x-mas.

Christmas has fallen on December 25 every year that I have existed on this planet.

Did it sneak up on you this year?

It was their problem, not mine. I placed my orders well in advance of their published deadline.

It sure became your problem.

Look. I'm not trying to absolve them of blame but if you run your life based on marketing claims then get used to being disappointed.

Let me guess... you're retired from UPS... because you're bound and determined to make this into being my fault. But it isn't going to work, and from here on out, I'm not going to see the content of any more of your messages.

Let me guess....next you're gonna hold your breath till you turn blue!
Now you can add me to your "ignore" list too!
LMAO!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back