How many didn't get packages delivered on time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was obvious that UPS was just short of being in melt-down mode.

On Sunday night, I received an email from UPS that a package would arrive on Monday... and it didn't. It was delivered on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, I received a different email that a package that was to arrive on Tuesday wasn't going to, and wouldn't be delivered until Thursday. But it arrived on Tuesday as it should have.

Trying to track packages and get accurate information was futile. Most of the tracking information that I saw was delayed by several hours. One of the packages showed that it traveled several hundred miles between UPS hubs in different states... in just 10 minutes.

And it was obvious that Kohl's was swamped as well.

I ordered several gifts from Kohl's early last week, and they ended up shipping a couple of them next-day air, just to get them to arrive on time. One of my orders was double shipped out of two separate warehouses, and both of those were shipped two-day air. They probably lost most, if not all of the profit on my orders, because they shipped so much of it by air, instead of ground.

I would assume that there will be a lot of 'post-mortem' meetings in January, to try and figure out where it all went wrong.

No problems here. I had multiple orders that were carried by UPS or FedEx and all arrived where they needed to be on or even *before* the estimated delivery date. Two of the UPS packages made the last part of the journey via the USPS, but, again, nothing I ordered was late.

I sell on eBay and had one customer buy furniture one-week before Christmas expecting delivery before Dec 24. Like its possible to work miracles at the last minute. I did my best to submit product orders within a few hours of the orders coming in... This past week was crazy with customer service and cheezy offers from bargain hunters.

Sounds like bricks and mortar stores are hurting,and this is overloading FEDEX and UPS to the point they cant handle it.Had DHL/Emery /Airborne been in business it might have lessened the load a bit.

I had 4 packages delivered late since cyber monday. One of them I thought they lost, and I went so far as to file a lost package claim with newegg. Fortunately I ended up getting it, but Both Fedex and UPS derped massively this month for me. UPS mostly once it hit my local UPS hub where it then goes out for delivery. It would "experience a day due to local operation disruption".

I got 2months of free amazon prime from amazon due to it. I would order stuff with next day shipping, garunteed delivery for the following day: and be a day late. Or 2 day shipping and got it 3/4 days instead.

Last edited:
Christmas has fallen on December 25 every year that I have existed on this planet.

Did it sneak up on you this year?

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Christmas has fallen on December 25 every year that I have existed on this planet.

I ordered in plenty of time, according to what Kohl's was promoting on their website. The deadline that they were promoting for Christmas Eve delivery, was 11pm on Friday the 20th.

I had everything ordered by Monday the 16th.

It was their problem, not mine. I placed my orders well in advance of their published deadline.

well usually there is 5 weeks and this year it was 4 but I agree.
(thanksgiving>>> christmas.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: bigdreama

It was their problem, not mine. I placed my orders well in advance of their published deadline.

It sure became your problem.

Look. I'm not trying to absolve them of blame but if you run your life based on marketing claims then get used to being disappointed.

I'm annoyed more with the new UPS to USPS shipping. Takes days longer being fumbled around the USPS system. Sign of the times with everyone trying to save a buck.

My only issue was a ring I ordered. It was shipped Fedex requiring a direct signature. Meaning it gets delivered or only I can pick it up. To save sales tax I had it delivered to a friend out of state.

I picked it up on Monday before Christmas but it was a hassle. Never new there was such a thing as a direct signature or a control number (kind of a secret tracking number used to pick valuable things up).

My friend went to Fedex on Fri evening and said it was a place with many unhappy customers. he was not there when they tried to deliver it and he could not pick it up.

Ordered a pair of boots, shipped second day UPS, took them 11days to get here. Glad the old ones still had a few miles left in them.
This was the middle of Nov so no holidays involved.

Smoky

Our society has become very spoiled IMO!! I remember a few decades ago when you had to mail a check and then wait at least a month for your order to arrive. BTW, I ordered a couple of last minute items. Both arrived before Christmas. Kudos to my UPS people.

Yep. One arrived here in Milwaukee last Thursday, and was put on a truck "for delivery" twice. On Tuesday I got my third delivery exception saying it wouldn't be delivered until today, a week after it arrived here. I had previously paid to upgrade it from Smartpost delivery to regular UPS (for faster delivery) so this was not a happy scene. The UPS people at the terminal were without a doubt some of the most unhelpful and uncaring individuals I have ever encountered.

A bracelet I ordered from Amazon for my wife has not made it yet. I'm a prime member and placed my order on the 16th.

Oh come on, it never took "at least a month" to arrive. 3 days for your check to arrive there, a day or two to process and ship, and then a week or less for you to receive it. On the outside two weeks. Things weren't that bad.

Originally Posted By: kender
Our society has become very spoiled IMO!! I remember a few decades ago when you had to mail a check and then wait at least a month for your order to arrive. BTW, I ordered a couple of last minute items. Both arrived before Christmas. Kudos to my UPS people.

We didn't order much on line this year, so no personal problems. But, I did see both a UPS and a FedEx truck out making deliveries at almost 6PM on the 24th. Those drivers were hustling.

A few weeks back I ordered an SSD from newegg.com. It was ordered on monday. It was shipped from their edison NJ warehouse, so I should have had it the next day like I always do. It hit the local ups hub and was supposed to be delayed a day. That's fine, I've never had an issue before and it was the week of cyber monday. So whatever. But then it sat there through tuesday, wednesday it was rescheduled for thursday. But then on thursday, it never went out for delivery and sat there with no updates. Thursday afternoon I called UPS to find out what was going on, and they apologized. The woman suggested she could change it and I could pick it up from the local UPS Hub that evening after hours. I said that was fine, I would be out of work at 8 and could be there about 8:20-8:30. She said she would put it through and someone from the hub would call me within an hour.

I was at work so I couldn't answer, the girl from the local hub called and left a voicemail, telling me they quote "Didn't have hands on my package" and so I could in fact NOT pick it up that night. She also suggested I file a lost package claim with the shipper (newegg) which I did. Friday afternoon I check the shipping status and they finally apparently found it, and I went and picked it up. I was not a very happy camper needless to say.

Well I think it's a good thing for the economy when people are complaining about shipping speed. I see it as people are spending money and that's what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back