How long do your boots last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pair of Garmonts they have last me 6 months in all weather and terrain types. I'm happy with them because I wear boots out quick. My running shoes last about 8-10 weeks.

Originally Posted by ram_man
Hey everyone I have a pair of ariat cowboy boots the soles have bald spots and the support is pretty used up. They are a little over a year old. Im kinda disappointed with this. The hardest job they have is working on a concrete floor as a mechanic but they've only got maybe 6 months of that other use is just daily task grocery shopping typical walking. Ect nothing abusive. So how long do your boots last? And since im in the market any good recommendations? I don't like laces. And I don't like a big work boot sole.

Ariat are made in China. You get what you pay for.

Ram ,I have had the same experience with ariat.I made the switch to Justin several years back.I am on concrete 12 hrs a day ,in oil,and average 3 miles a day (according to iPhone).I normally get 12-18 months out of a pair.The boots will be wearable but support is gone(I'm a fatboy 275lbs).Just my experience.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by Chris142
I got my money back after that. Bought some redwings that only lasted 5 weeks. Redwing screwed me on those so I swore that brand off.

Me too. I will never buy another pair of Redwings. They are NOT the same as they were a decade ago. Last pair I had had a sole separation at a little over a month, and I even work indoors. Redwing did not want to warranty them. I am done with Redwing. I hope others will be aware of the quality issues. Don't waste your money.

I thought Red Wing stores were franchised and owner would do the right thing and replace them.

If a person does blue collar type of work their employer should give them an allowance for safety shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back