how good is royal purple gear oil and syncromax?

hey guys! i am looking at royal purple gear oil 75w90 for my diffs and rp syncromax for my transfer case and am wondering is this gear oil worth the money? or what do u guys think if it?

i dont mind spending the money but if its par gear oil and transfer case fluid then might as well just stay with the cheaper oem or store brands

thanks

Have you taken a peek at the gear oil that in there now. how does it look, if ok then keep using that. if sheared down and black, then i would go top shelf and get Amsoil severe gear,

i changed the rearend gear oil in my tacoma at 100k miles. it still looked good so i went with M1 oil of the recommended weight and never gave it a second look. might check again at 150k.

People have used it with good results and nothing to complain about. If it were I, I would use Redline or Amsoil, since I know they would be more than fine for the intervals I have in my mind! You can't go wrong with RP though for gear oils. I just don't like their gimmicky purple oil.

I feel RP is good but overpriced.

top tier products would be amsoil severe gear, redline, or motul (among others)

thanks for the replies! but is there actually reasons for why severe gear is much better then rp?
like what makes it better?

seems like marketing hype

thanks

Well, royal purple helped me eat a 20,000km set of pinion gears in a complete rebuilt Toyota diff. Amsoil has my loyalty now. Changing out the RP from all t-cases and diffs that are in my care in the next couple of weeks. This is only my experience.

Well, royal purple helped me eat a 20,000km set of pinion gears in a complete rebuilt Toyota diff. Amsoil has my loyalty now. Changing out the RP from all t-cases and diffs that are in my care in the next couple of weeks. This is only my experience.
a year late however interesting point. is that completely up to the fluid in use or could there have been an issue in the rebuild?

a year late however interesting point. is that completely up to the fluid in use or could there have been an issue in the rebuild?
Yes, a year later, yet still a relevant experience regarding the inquiry. Considering the rebuild and the break-in were done properly, I would make a strong assumption the fluid did not help. But then again, anything is possible, could be the first of over a hundred differentials that I built and broke in improperly.

Back