How does this PC build look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryzen fan boy checking in here. To be clear, when Intel was at the top I ran Intel but I have been on Ryzen since launch and haven't missed Intel one bit. I ran a 3770K then retired that system for Ryzen.

Currently run a Ryzen 3600 (the best bang for buck CPU currently) 16GB DDR4 3600 and a Vega GPU. I would highly recommend against Intel atm, especially with Holiday deals on several AMD CPU's. Power consumption, security, and platform price have made Intel a poor choice as of late. The 9900K is a good CPU but can consume up to 200+ watts, compare that with Ryzen 16 core 3950X which only pulls like 130 under heavy load.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Ryzen fan boy checking in here. To be clear, when Intel was at the top I ran Intel but I have been on Ryzen since launch and haven't missed Intel one bit. I ran a 3770K then retired that system for Ryzen.

Currently run a Ryzen 3600 (the best bang for buck CPU currently) 16GB DDR4 3600 and a Vega GPU. I would highly recommend against Intel atm, especially with Holiday deals on several AMD CPU's. Power consumption, security, and platform price have made Intel a poor choice as of late. The 9900K is a good CPU but can consume up to 200+ watts, compare that with Ryzen 16 core 3950X which only pulls like 130 under heavy load.

I already built the machine and I went with a 9900K. Intel has never given me any trouble and that's more than I can say for AMD. I may come around eventually but for now I'll stick with the Intel/Nvidia combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back