How does HPL oils handle fuel dilution issues?

Not necessarily. Depends on the grade. Euro blends might. They use the most shear stable viscosity modifiers and even offer a grade that doesn't have them at all. Nice wide selection to choose from.
Resistance to shear and viscosity change resistance would make sense to be more important .

I went with HPL primarily to combat viscosity loss for track use I was seeing with all the brands I'd tired for the Euor 5W40s...some of this drop in viscosity can be attributed to fuel dilution, but some had to be oil shearing to some degree. Enter HPL Euro 5W40 made with Star VIIs. You can search/find my UOA-bonaza post(s) with my data, but since starting to use the HPL product, my viscoity is holding steady, even with track use, in the low-12 CSts vs. 10s-11s before with M1, LM, etc. So for me, HPL DOES help with viscosity loss due to fuel dilution indirectly by having a more consistent viscosity overall to help offset to some degree the inevitable drop from fuel.

I went with HPL primarily to combat viscosity loss for track use I was seeing with all the brands I'd tired for the Euor 5W40s...some of this drop in viscosity can be attributed to fuel dilution, but some had to be oil shearing to some degree. Enter HPL Euro 5W40 made with Star VIIs. You can search/find my UOA-bonaza post(s) with my data, but since starting to use the HPL product, my viscoity is holding steady, even with track use, in the low-12 CSts vs. 10s-11s before with M1, LM, etc. So for me, HPL DOES help with viscosity loss due to fuel dilution indirectly by having a more consistent viscosity overall to help offset to some degree the inevitable drop from fuel.
speaking of that, any track days coming up for a new UOA after the silicon debacale?

Back