Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
I prefer Scotch, in a glass...
+++1 Johnnie walker on the rocks
11.gif

151 on the rocks.

I have three people from my past that I owe my rum taste to:

1. The first guy developed an entire personal computer before they were ever popular with people. The "151" factor is his.

2. The second guy taught me everything I ever needed to know about running a theater stage. He took his own life later on, though.

3. The third guy and I shared a bottle of rum one night. He was my uncle by marriage. He told me about his time in the First Canadian-American Brigade and how he survived.

For those of you that know significance of #3, you should know that he passed away mowing his daughter's lawn while she was at work. He was one of the guys that made life safer for those that stand on the wall at night looking outward, who keep the rest of us safe.

Hello, I would gladly pay for a "rum appreciation class" spread out over several sessions so my taste buds wouldn't get overwhelmed. Rum's got to be like any other liquor-there's a huge range of quality out there. Learning to drink rum would be like learning poker at a table full of card sharks; there'd be one painful learning curve. Kira

Bacardi Limon with coke. IE a bottle of rum in one hand and a can of coke in the other. Flavors are better chasing each other than mixing IMO.

Either neat in a snifter or Glencairn nosing glass (look it up), or with Coca Cola (never Pepsi) and a dash of vanilla extract.

I prefer the more aromatic and pungent Jamaican rums like Appleton Estate.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Bacardi, or Captain Morgan with RC Cola.

RC Cola is an awesome mixer for just about anything. Love it, especially for $0.79 for a 20 oz.

I used to drink rum straight or with cola. Never mixed it with anything else.

Bacardi Limon and Sundrop Cherry used to be somewhat of a tradition for one of my best friends and I. That later devolved into buying handles of Ron Rico and Ron Llave and getting wasted, so I would stick to moderation. I can't remember how we drank the Ron Llave and Ron Rico, but the results were usually pretty spectacular in a bad way. New year's 2010 almost burned the house down. We permanently blew one circuit in the house when we took a baseball bat to a running space heater. So yeah, I don't buy Ron Rico or Ron Llave anymore, and I don't buy handles (half gallons) of anything.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
Mixed with cheapass soda out of a five ounce dixie cup.

There are times when this is, in fact, perfect...

Originally Posted By: Lakersguy
Mai Tai's
Originally Posted By: Lakersguy
Mai Tai's

mmmmm mai tais. I miss living in Hawaii. Also, so intoxicated right now. Rum is best thing evar. <3

Depends on the rum.

Brinley's Gold vanilla rum is my favorite sipping rum. Insanely smooth, very dark rum.

Cruzan Blackstrap is my favorite rum and coke type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back