How do I end my welding tank lease??

So my garage burned down, and I turned in my tank.
four months later I walk into the store and wanted to close my account, asked if I had any tanks, gave my name, guy said no problem.

.....mid summer last year I got a statement to renew my lease for another 10 years... I thought they had closed it.
Gone back to the store and oh, you didn´t want to renew? no problem we will get the account closed.
Next month, a statement with a 5 dollar surcharge
next month a statement with a 5 dollar surcharge
next month a statement with a 5 dollar surcharge.
.... so I paid up for another ten year lease.
Now how do I get this account closed? I´m thinking snail mail, but maybe I need a certified letter? Notarized? Avadavat?

If you have a 10 year lease, you must have been provided with a contract in writing (I certainly hope so.)
Read the cancellation provision in the contract. Follow that procedure to the letter.
Also, since you are dealing with a bunch of yahoos, I would make copies of anything in writing and document who you talk to and when you talk to them.
If you have to send anything in the mail, make sure you get a return receipt from the post office to show that it was delivered.

I'm very confused. You turned in your tank and don't physically possess any of their tanks?

Call and ask for their bookkeeper person. Explain the situation. The counter monkeys aren't great with paperwork (or anything else IME). If they can't understand, ask WHICH TANK EXACTLY you're paying for, ie the one you don't have???

10 years is crazy, I just pay annually here.

Simple never lease.
Go in talk to top management, and when you cancel it get it all in writing.
And never show them the original signed paper if you have to talk to them in the future, they can grab it and rip it up.
Ask me how I know that.
Always just show a copy.
If it keeps happening then tell em it's attorney time, and of course you will win and they will be paying all the fees.

So... I can´t find my contract, I guess I´ll go in again, this time get a receipt that the account is closed, argh.

Back