How do I add intermittent wipers to 98 Frontier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSV

Yep, it only has 2 speed wipers. Low and High.

I bought a new control switch w/ intermittent and adjustable delay for the steering column thinking it was the switch that told the motor when to operate.

It fit perfectly but the wipers still operate in 2 speed mode. Is there a relay that needs to be replaced as well?

Any help is appreciated.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

I do not know how NIssan does it. GM products have circuit board under the wiper motor cover that called a pulse module. You have to have the right switch, multi function lever and pulse module to make the whole thing work! Do they use the same harness at the collum or does your harness have to be swapeed out? It can be real pain trying to add an OEM option to a vechile unless you have access to the parts for next to nothing and do them enough to know what you need.

JB is correct about the GM cars. On my old Chevy Nova (Toyota Corolla in disguise), if you opened up the motor, there was a circular metal disk, split into three rings. One of those rings had a gap in it, which is what activated the delay function. I wish I could remember this better, it's been a while, but my point is that the motor itself was different than a simple two speed would have been.

You might want to visit a dealer and see if they can clue you into what parts are different between a vehicle with and without delay wipers. I think, though, that the motor might be all you need at this point.

I replaced the regular wiper relay with a programmable VDO one in my Audi. I didn't like having only single wipe, slow, fast, and super-speed.
wink.gif
I can now program any interval from 0.5 to 60 seconds by simply turning the wipers on, then off, then on again when I want to them to wipe. That sequence sets the interval. That relay was about $40. I believe they are available for many makes.

[ June 18, 2004, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: moribundman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back