Houses With Fire Hydrants In Front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always have an excuse for breaking the law because somehow THEIR situation is different and the law can be twisted to fit . " But Officer , I was only parked there for two minutes …" .Usually it was for much longer and the law doesn't allow for special people like you that meant well .

In my opinion…parking in front of a hydrant, in a handicap space or in the fire lane in front of a store, etc., just because “you’re only going to be a minute” is the epitome of entitlement. Maybe people with this level of entitlement really are entitled or it could be just in their feeble minds.

Take it from me, forget the notion that you are special, YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL OR ENTITLED. Find a legitimate space, park in it and walk.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Is there a minimum distance for parking by these?

I'd hate to buy a home with a hydrant just to lose the parking space.
Me too.

I've got the perfect situation. My neighbor across the street has the fire hydrant, doesn't mess with my parking, only his, and if my house is on fire there's a fire hydrant right there!

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I'd hate to buy a home with a hydrant just to lose the parking space.

Mine has a hydrant, but it's a corner lot, so I don't lose any parking. Even if it wasn't there, it wouldn't change my parking habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back