House votes to block E15 from gas pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The EPA and the tree huggers will just have to move on to the next stupid idea.

Most "tree hugging" groups have been opposed to ethanol. Do not confuse lobbying groups names - like the "Clean Air Coalition"
and many others for environmental groups. They are totally supported by their respective industries.

Tree hugging groups have been in favor of higher gas mileage standards... every barrel of oil coming into our country is costing our economy.... and even if we drill everything to death there is not much domestic oil left.

Buying/manufacturing a vehicle that burns 15% less save a lot of fuel, E15 may save nothing.

Signed: closet treehugger... the Eisenhower Republican kind.

Quote:
every barrel of oil coming into our country is costing our economy

Every new regulation imposed on car companies cost our economy greatly. Notice that the car companies need "loans" from the Federal government (other people's wallets) just so they can comply?

Around Pittsburgh, I know of only one station that sells E-85 and its SHEETZ which sells [censored] gas, as their formulation was never right. GET GO also has like 12% ethanol instead of their claimed "up to 10% ethanol". Friend of mine is a fuel guy/hauler and knows a lot on this. I feel that there has to be some way to take the old oil and such and make gasoline, heating oil and other useful things from it, and that we need some more oil coming out of this; the U.S.A.

just my thoughts,

adam

[/quote]
Every new regulation imposed on car companies cost our economy greatly. Notice that the car companies need "loans" from the Federal government (other people's wallets) just so they can comply? [/quote]

Ford did not need a loan. The sales of gas guzzlers plummeted the last time gasoline prices shot up..... indeed they were only saved by the sales of their smaller cars.

Perhaps they were saved by the regulations that encouraged them to produce economical and marketable cars!!

Our local Chrysler dealer took an awful beating on his Durango's at that time, he had lots and could sell none.
Neighbor-salesman noted that the Neon had left the market (unmarketable??) and they were left with almost nothing that would sell when gas hit $4 a gallon.

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
Around Pittsburgh, I know of only one station that sells E-85 and its SHEETZ which sells [censored] gas, as their formulation was never right. GET GO also has like 12% ethanol instead of their claimed "up to 10% ethanol". Friend of mine is a fuel guy/hauler and knows a lot on this. I feel that there has to be some way to take the old oil and such and make gasoline, heating oil and other useful things from it, and that we need some more oil coming out of this; the U.S.A.

just my thoughts,

adam
When I went to PA to visit the inlaws, I was stuck in the little hometowns and that was the only gas stations. One Sheetz store in every town, they litterally put the gas stations out of bussiness. Now, I dont hate them, thier food is awesome and my wife even worked for them at one point, but thier gas does suck, its all I could buy and I got terriable gas milelage and performance.

Great!! Ethanol is a scam. We have plenty of our own oil. It's time to quit burning the food supply and drill here, drill there, drill everywhere! Drill, drill, drill and then drill some more.

My fuel efficient, environmentally friendly 480 cu engine needs the real thing not this polluting, gas mileage reducing water they call gas these days. Luckily, I can get the real thing where I live.

One other angle we forget when it comes to ethanol is that since the corn or whatever else they make it out of isn't used for human consumption it allows chemical companies to use herbicides and pesticides that were banned so they can make some money as well. Then there is the $7 billion stolen from the taxpayer to fund the money making scam.

I've always found it funny that while we are told that since organic foods can't feed the world we have to genetically re-engineer mother nature and use poison to grow the crops yet we can afford to burn the food supply and pay farmers to not grow.

Just to let you know. Corn is hard on farmland. It is bad on your digestive tract after you eat it, doctors do not recommend eating it, and the ethanol from it is very bad for your vehicles miles per gallon.

That about sums it up. IMO.

I have no idea where the corn = green comes from. It was never part of the green movement nor endorsed by anyone green.

The only one who endorsed it is the corn lobbyists and there is nothing green about these folks.

Just like US standards magically evolved so that they look most like Soy, and Oz standards magically evolved to look just like Canola.

I have a flex-fuel Impala(2008). I had the opportunity to run some E85 the last time I traveled "down state". I put about 10 gallons into the car (had about 1/4 tank at the time). I have to say I didn't notice a big change in power but the fuel gauge dropped like a stone. For the 10-12 cents a gallon savings, the mpg tradeoff doesn't seem to be close to worthwhile. My question is why would anyone run the stuff if they don't have to? Seems like a money-losing proposition to me.

It's a scam...

when petrol was $1/litre here, E10 saved 4 c/l. The 2 higher octane number and slightly lower energy content made the product either a wash, or slightly better in operating costs.

Now it's 3c/l on $1.35 petrol...you waste money to use it.

i have studied and read about fuels since i was 12, iam 62 now. as far as i think the best street fuel is 100% gasoline. and yes i tried propane. we have had it for over 100 years, sure its been changed some but its still gasoline by definition. dont get regular gasoline mixed up with what f1 calls gasoline.

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
I have a flex-fuel Impala(2008). I had the opportunity to run some E85 the last time I traveled "down state". I put about 10 gallons into the car (had about 1/4 tank at the time). I have to say I didn't notice a big change in power but the fuel gauge dropped like a stone. For the 10-12 cents a gallon savings, the mpg tradeoff doesn't seem to be close to worthwhile. My question is why would anyone run the stuff if they don't have to? Seems like a money-losing proposition to me.

Not only is the cost per mile higher some cars require more frequent oil changes if you run e85

Good. Although I have found ethanol free gas which has made my car run far better than the junk spiked with ethanol. I highly doubt it will pass the senate. There is too much money involved and the well connected love having their stock in it rise due to taxpayer funding. A necessity since no one would use it unless they are forced to.

I agree Panzerman. It takes fuel to make ethanol. Your almost guarenteed to lose 10 to 15% on mileage. Popular Science proved that it produces more green house gases, due to refining it, worse mileage.

The idiots that approved E10 to begin with should be shot.

The morons that proposed the idea should be beaten and then shot.

Completely idiotic way to try and save the world. It's a proven fact that it's WORSE at the end of the day once everything is said and done yet we continue to use it.
33.gif

It's a proven fact that CORN ethanol is junk science.

Sugar ethanol works, but doesn't have a big lobby group behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back