Hose Picks

Both sets are marketed as hose picks. I can see the purpose of the two piece set, but not the items contained in the 6-piece set. Can someone help me understand why I would need the picks contained in the 6-piece kit?

Can someone help me understand why I would need the picks contained in the 6-piece kit?

Because not all hoses are oriented the same.

Why are there stubby, regular, and long combination wrenches? They're all just combination wrenches. If you work on bridges all day, you'd wonder why anyone needs a stubby wrench but stubby wrenches are gold to some other people.

My favorite hose hook is from the second link, second from the bottom. That's always the first one I grab and try.

Because not all hoses are oriented the same.

Why are there stubby, regular, and long combination wrenches? They're all just combination wrenches. If you work on bridges all day, you'd wonder why anyone needs a stubby wrench but stubby wrenches are gold to some other people.

My favorite hose hook is from the second link, second from the bottom. That's always the first one I grab and try.
I can understand the value of the wide tipped ones in the first link, but the ones in the second link look like normal picks to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Both sets are marketed as hose picks. I can see the purpose of the two piece set, but not the items contained in the 6-piece set. Can someone help me understand why I would need the picks contained in the 6-piece kit?
Maybe some applications need some pics with weird angles to get into tight spots. Guess some people won't bother buying a pick and custom bending it to fit their needs.

1616521784625.jpg
Did you say nose picks ? :D

I believe they are medium sized picks there. I haven’t used them but they seem they would be handy maybe if a hose was hard to reach with a full size one. I believe that is the set I seen on the truck at one point. I didn’t buy it though.

I use the picks in your second link frequently for removing o-rings or removing nuts and washers in difficult locations.

They do work well for removing rubber or plastic lines and hoses as long as you are replacing the hose.

Reactions: 4WD
The hose picks in the 6 piece set are not very sharp on the end & will break the bond without damaging standard Radiator & Heater Hoses.....You can't go full caveman with them & have a little finesse or, Sure you can poke a hole in the hose.

The Hose Spoons are more for reinforced Silicone Hoses & Boots like found on Turbocharged vehicles.

Like MrHorspwer......The standard hose pick (2nd from the bottom in the 6 piece set) is my goto tool.....And not just for hoses, I use it for many many things like releasing electrical connector locks, Removing O-rings, Removing transmission snap rings. Bought it long before I bought the 6 piece Snap-on set.
I use the others in the set, But not everyday.

My Hose Spoons are Cornwell branded.

My arsenal.....The black handled A173A stays on my cart that I use every single day, Bout' to wear the Snap-on off it ;)

04Vru9P.jpg

kk3hubw.jpg

eKXepYL.jpg

Back