Hood Release Issue

Speaking of the 2015 F150 in my sig. I've had a sensor malfunction, which essentially states hod ajar ar startup. Reset and it goes away until the next start up. Hood always was closed and secure and released fine. I check oil often and went to do so recently and the hood will not release. When pulling the release inside the cabin, there is tension on the cable but you do not get the audible indication there was a release at the latch. I smacked it with open palm and its locked down fully.

How do you release the hood under these circumstances?

First thing to try is push down on the hood while someone inside pulls the handle.

I took a car in with a stuck hood and told them I wanted them to fix it under the emissions warranty. The usual warranty had expired. They asked how was that, and I said it was valid on the emissions warranty because they wouldn’t be able to service the under-hood emissions components because they couldn’t open the hood. Anyway, a mechanic came over with a can of foam cleaner and some WD 40. With a smack of his hand on the hood , it opened up and he foamed the latch, wiped it up, then sprayed it with lube. Job done, no charge. Try cleaning up your latch and sensor.

good info on how to fix another unnecessary NANNY, modern vehicles are loaded with them, ok when new but as they age not so much!!

good info on how to fix another unnecessary NANNY, modern vehicles are loaded with them, ok when new but as they age not so much!!

I'm with you. To me, common sense beckons if you need a sensor to tell you your hood is ajar, maybe you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

I took a car in with a stuck hood and told them I wanted them to fix it under the emissions warranty. The usual warranty had expired. They asked how was that, and I said it was valid on the emissions warranty because they wouldn’t be able to service the under-hood emissions components because they couldn’t open the hood. Anyway, a mechanic came over with a can of foam cleaner and some WD 40. With a smack of his hand on the hood , it opened up and he foamed the latch, wiped it up, then sprayed it with lube. Job done, no charge. Try cleaning up your latch and sensor.

That procedure often works. Not on this on.

Back