honda snowblower hs55 pulling one side

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone.
I have an older model honda snowblower HS55.
It seems to pull to the right in forward all the time, and in reverse its traveling to my left.
I have removed the skid shoes and installed them to the sides, no luck.
I reinstalled them back to the rear and adjusted accordingly, no luck.
with the machine tilted all the way up, skid shoes off the ground, no luck still pulls.
this must be a problem in the drive system or...??
If anyone has/had the same problem, i would appreciate some input..
thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Check tire pres. as indicated above. Also check to make sure BOTH wheels are receiving drive power. My snow blower (not a Honda) has provision for having one or both wheels driven. FWIW--Oldtommy

EEk! That's the hydrostatic track drive model IIRC. I'd start by checking for obvious slipping on that side's track. I have no idea how the propulsion system works on these.

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK
EEk! That's the hydrostatic track drive model IIRC. I'd start by checking for obvious slipping on that side's track. I have no idea how the propulsion system works on these.

Joel

Yikes. Now that I see he posted the model number. My father was actually offered to take one of these because the owners were so annoyed with it...

lol...
Actually it is not a hydro drive.
I will place the unit on a stand with the tracks off the ground and run the blower.
Perhaps i can get a better idea if both tracks are running at the same speed or not.
thanks again..

Off the top of my head, I don't think these units even have a differential. If that's correct, something has to be twisted in the unit for it to not be going straight and you should be able to rule out the track drive itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back