Honda question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished logging onto the Honda Owners Link for my 03 Civic and the following is a quote on viscosity.

"DID YOU KNOW...
Honda recommends using a 5W30 motor oil year-round. Heavy oils make an engine harder to start, which can strain the electrical system. Lighter oils flow easier once the cold engine starts, bringing vital lubrication to moving parts."

This is an actual Copy and Paste courtesy of IE 6.0. Either it is a subtle retraction of the 5W-20 recommendation or a typo but I don't think it's the latter.

As any Honda owner knows, the Owner Link is specific to my car via the VIN so they know my exact vehicle. And since I purchased this car on 7-31, I find it difficult to believe that Honda hasn't updated their oil info from say, 2002 or 2001 or earlier years before the 20W recommendation.

The fat lady is moving on stage and ****it, I'm hearing a tune.

Comments anyone?

Ignore the owner's link, it says the same thing for my Element. It's generic stuff that doesn't change very often and is obviously not checked for accuracy. Trust the owner's manual first, Honda's website second! I can point out more inaccuracies, but it's not worth the time.

quote:

Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I just finished logging onto the Honda Owners Link for my 03 Civic and the following is a quote on viscosity.

"DID YOU KNOW...
Honda recommends using a 5W30 motor oil year-round. Heavy oils make an engine harder to start, which can strain the electrical system. Lighter oils flow easier once the cold engine starts, bringing vital lubrication to moving parts."

This is an actual Copy and Paste courtesy of IE 6.0. Either it is a subtle retraction of the 5W-20 recommendation or a typo but I don't think it's the latter.

As any Honda owner knows, the Owner Link is specific to my car via the VIN so they know my exact vehicle. And since I purchased this car on 7-31, I find it difficult to believe that Honda hasn't updated their oil info from say, 2002 or 2001 or earlier years before the 20W recommendation.

The fat lady is moving on stage and ****it, I'm hearing a tune.

Comments anyone?

[ September 14, 2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: S2000driver ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back