HONDA PULLS OFF THE COUP OF THE YEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's going to be interesting. I wonder if he is going to be able to work his 'magic' at Honda? I also wonder if they will listen!

As a Honda fan, this is VERY good news. Finally, someone who knows what it takes to WIN is on the team ... instead of the people merely guessing as to what it's like.

After the drubbing Honda got this year ... by Torro Rosso and even Spyker ... they should learn they they have to listen to veteran experts of Formula One and not just the engineers that know passenger cars and general mechanical engineering.

Funny thing is, Jensen Button (who I believe is a gifted driver) just gave Honda an ultimatum: Improve substantially in '08 or I'm outta here.

I bet he wishes he had held his tongue for just 24 more hours.
wink.gif

I'm not much of a Honda fan, but I was excited hearing this news. It can only improve them from here, and that means 1 more competitive team which is always a good thing.

Honda and Toyota F1 racing programs suffer from the same disease: corporate decision-making where no one is truly in charge and responsible for success or failure. If you're a "suit" it's a safe system. F1 requires visionary leadership and the ability to make decisions without scampering hat in hand to some board for consensus. Ross Brawn can turn Honda around only if he's given the authority to go along with the responsibility for success. I wish him luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back