Honda OEM Factory Oil Filter, 2013 Fit 10k mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
We purchased this vehicle last May and it had about 7,000 miles on the car at the time. The dealership we bought it from claimed to have changed the oil just before we purchased it, but I highly doubt it as it still looked dark and had this original factory oil filter still on it. I suppose it's possible they just changed the oil and left the filter on, but I doubt it would look as dark as it did. We ran it for 3,000 more miles (giving them the benefit of the doubt) and changed it when the car had about 10,000 miles on it. Thus, this filter had about 10,000 miles on it and was in use for over a year. It looks very similar to the Honda A02 oil filters, except it's made in Japan by Mahle. No issues with the filter, the ADBV was still pliable and the filter was full of oil. The pleats didn't look too bad. I think the endcap damage may have been caused by my cutter, but I am not positive. This can was very thick and took quite a while to open. The dent on the filter can was from removal as it was heavily torqued down from the factory and I had to use a wrench to remove it.

20150606_141547_zpsp7igfgix.jpg

20150606_142136_zpsg9zjdbun.jpg

20150606_142142_zpsaccc2o5o.jpg

20150606_142157_zpsgqwk3oih.jpg

20150606_142205_zpsyhljwjjb.jpg

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I suppose it's possible they just changed the oil and left the filter on, but I doubt it would look as dark as it did....
Could be, and you then might have found the one Honda dealer that didn't/doesn't change the oil filter with oil every time as SOP, as recommended in the owners manual. Possible I suppose, but as you suggest, not very likely.

Quote:
It looks very similar to the Honda A02 oil filters, except it's made in Japan by Mahle....
Noticed that, Mahle Tennex Corp. Prefer the protruding centertube on the adbv end to the A02 design. And at least as far as the Fit is concerned, it would appear the Mahle is the OEM filter supplier. First time I'm seeing one of these dissected.

Thanks for pics.

Wow. I'd love to try out a Japan Honda filter if made by Mahle. Curious if their efficiency rating is any than the Fram/Filtech made A02?

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Wow. I'd love to try out a Japan Honda filter if made by Mahle. Curious if their efficiency rating is any than the Fram/Filtech made A02?

Fixed that for you. Filtech is for the A01.

As for the topic'd Honda Mahle OEM efficiency, of course it's speculation as it's proprietary, but I'd have to say it's most likely in the same range as the A02 tested in the published Amsoil ISO test.

As this is the Fit factory OEM, doubtful it can purchased over the counter.

Given the markings on the can, I bet Honda offers this for sale as a replacement filter somewhere and/or sometimes in the world. Factory only filters wouldn't need instructions on how to lubricate the o-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back