Honda Mowers One Year Extended Warranty is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old Honda commercial version without self propulsion gets worked hard and has been bullet proof. It's never occurred to me that it won't start on the first pull, every time. It was a bit more expensive but I'm glad I paid the extra. The only mod has been the addition of a large gas filter and I use my left over Red Line oil.

My lawn guys used to use Honda equipment but the last few years they are using something with briggs and stratton engines and i also see some Lawn Boys commercial that always seem to smoke...Probablt 2 stroke engines.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
The engines and bodies are great on Honda mowers. The self-propel transmissions not so much.

I've read reports of defective NeXite® decks. (cracking)

To me it adds about as much value as dealer glass etching, fabric and paint protectant, but Honda knows what they're doing in terms of selling OPE.

My low-end Honda steel decked, single speed self propelled, GC powered mower has been neglected and still runs like a top. It's 17yrs old. First year of the GC engine. I tore the cable out of the transmission years ago on a tree branch, so it's just been a push-mower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back