Honda hs622 no start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.
I have a Honda snowblower with the gx160 Engine. Worked perfectly fine last year. I left The old fuel in there from last year. I have spark, fuel valve open and flowing freely, choke in correct position. My next step is to remove the carb and clean it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
I had an old Craftsman with the same symptoms. Ended up needing a new spark plug. It would spark when grounded in the open air but wouldn't under compression. I'd give that a try before pulling things apart.

Put some Fuel System Cleaner in the tank first. Then pour some gas down into the spark plug hole or carb and start it. Do that several times to get the FSC into the carb and let it sit. Come back later and try starting it again.

I replaced the spark plug and still nothing. Tomorrow I will put fuel cleaner/stabilizer and follow your directions. Could it be a faulty carb? I just don't see it possible. I'm leaning towards bad fuel which was in there since last November. 10 months! And I know better.
Will follow up...

It's the very small orifices in Honda carbs......... easy to gum them up. Be very careful with cleaning solvents, Seafoam, etc. - they can damage gaskets, rubber, plastic.

Remove the plastic wrap from a twist tie - the small ones from a loaf of bread, etc. Use that to clean the small passages.

Poured some fuel system cleaner in tank and then into spark plug hole. The engine did start but died quickly. I will remove carb and clean it thoroughly with the wire set.

Cleaned out main jet. The hole was half clogged. Reinstalled and started on first pull. Wow! Thanks to all the replies I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back