Honda HP Trans Oil......... any info on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I am new here. I have searched the forum and can't seem to find any information on this oil. I am trying to decide between Rotella T 15w-40 or this Honda HP Trans Oil to use in my ATV's gear box. The bike is a Honda TRX450R, which has separate oil for the engine and transmission.

So does anybody have a UOA on the Honda Trans Oil? Good or bad?

Thanks and here is a picture of the oil container....

hptrans.jpg

47HO, I would not be so quick to say that. gear oil may not be compatible with the metals. The picture shows a performance transmission oil which is probably not a GL-5 rated lubricant. I say go with the OEM.

I was told on another web site,so take it for what it's worth.
All it is , GN4 10w40 with red dye so Honda could have a product for the 2 stroke guys. I have Rotella T 15w40 in mine right now.

Honda is just like all the other power sports oems. The contract with lube suppliers for products packaged under their name. Most of them label and name their products to be purposely vague about them so as to force the customer to buy it from them for fear of buying the wrong thing.

All I can tell you is I have had several Honda ATV's over the last 15 yrs. I never once used any Honda lubes and they are still running just fine.

Exactly what this is I am not sure but they call it oil, not gear lube so its hard to know for sure. Note - Gear lube viscosity and motor oil viscosity are not on the same scale.

thanks guys.

after doing some research and talking to a member on here, i am going to use the 15w-40 rotella. sounds like a great oil and the price is even better! I will be able to do 4 oil changes for the price of 1 now that i am using rotella...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back