Honda engine Vs Nissan

Originally Posted by javacontour
Best Engine by Wards doesn't mean it will be a durable engine. It just means it's interesting, ground breaking, or best from the perspective to cutting edge technology. It may be displacement, or efficiency or something like that.

But I don't think durability has any consideration in the matter. Especially since the engines are often so new, there is no way to determine durability.

Don't Know but the VQ 3.5 motor was on the Ward's list for 10 straight years... That's pretty consistent.

And verified in my experience with my 3.5 VQ... 306,500 miles and no leaking or burning oil... Still runs awesome.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by javacontour
Best Engine by Wards doesn't mean it will be a durable engine. It just means it's interesting, ground breaking, or best from the perspective to cutting edge technology. It may be displacement, or efficiency or something like that.

But I don't think durability has any consideration in the matter. Especially since the engines are often so new, there is no way to determine durability.

Don't Know but the VQ 3.5 motor was on the Ward's list for 10 straight years... That's pretty consistent.

And verified in my experience with my 3.5 VQ... 306,500 miles and no leaking or burning oil... Still runs awesome.

I agree. Wards does in fact reward durability and 10 years on the list means it is a factor. Are the other things factors, too? Sure!

I know lots of people with that Nissan 3.5 and all have put many, many miles on them, trouble-free. That engine has earned its rep.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Cam gears are either straight cut or cross cut not helical. Ring and pinion gears are helical cut.

fair enough...cross cut in the case of the lexus then.

trying to remember which bike I worked on that was a bevel drive...

UD

Back