Honda EM7000is stored too long with fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit it with a teeny tiny shot of starting fluid...if it doesnt at least sound like its trying to run you have other problems and its gonna be ignition related...full of oil?...oil sensor stuck?..bad plug?...gonna be somethin simple..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
I know you said you pulled the plug and made sure it was good, but did you make sure you are actually getting spark?

Yes, all checked.
Oil level also checked and all new 10W40 Penn Syn

Starting fluid ? Into the 2 Red Arrow spots or something else ?

Ordered new plug from Amazon ($3) just in case

Last edited:
Should I see end of twisty tie wire when inserted into either hole, that is, does it come out from the center if inserted into the fuel port (Shorter Red Arrow) ?

Ok, I am not really familiar with honda carbs, but I am pretty sure that you are still missing the main jet. Gas can't get to the big red arrow unless it goes through another passage that is either in the "nut" that you removed from the bottom of the bowl, or through a small passage in the side of the area that has the big hole in the center (big red arrow). Remove the float and see if there is a jet in the side. The holes you need to see are so small that if they are plugged, and you don't know where they are, you may not be able to see them.

2016_07_04_21_39_38.jpg

Cleaned Jet which is marked with Green Arrow but did not remove the Nozzle marked with Red Arrow.

This is likely the culprit and will re-do in the morning.

Last edited:
Pull the float off (#3) which will also pull the needle seat off (#2). Clean that orifice out that the needle sits in. Then pull number 11 out and clean it completely with carb cleaner and a small wire. There are a bunch of small holes in it that get clogged up with "goo". Sometimes you have to pull out #5 and spray carb cleaner in the orifice. I've seen that channel gunked up as well.

I have small stainless stylets that are .014" that i use the clean out the small jets and orifices. If you need some, let me know.

Status today:

1. Cleaned out #11 Nozzle but in looking in direct sunlight, all orifices except one were clean. Used thin electric wire to ensure all are clear and light shines through all. Soaked in some cleaner both Jet and Nozzle but they are really spotless brass as it stands.

2. Upon re-start, it gave a promise of a start for a second. Totally got hope up high! Turned ignition key Off, waited a few seconds, back on and battery powered started spun up and it now runs about 5 seconds, tries to rev up and slowly stops.

Looked again at sparkplug and it is wet so fuel is delivered and spark is good, just something prevents it from running. But when re-inserted, it runs good for few seconds and immediately starts when re-started, like inside 1 or 2 seconds from engine turning over.

If I had to guess, almost like something was there to prevent fuel delivery but now it is "moving along" and I wonder if just repeated re-starts will elongate the runtime ? Did not want to burn out starter motor so same results in manually pulling the cord.

Originally Posted By: DSparks
Enough fuel volume coming from tank to keep carb full?...

There is an adapter assembly under the fuel tank, leading into the fuel hose that connects to carburetor. Suppose it would be possible to take that also apart, yet it looks delicate so am hesitant to mess with it.

Poured precisely 1 gallon of new fuel into the tank before re-start attempts, perhaps I need to up the volume to 2 gallons.

Pull the fuel line off at the tank or at the carb...make sure it has full flow coming out of the tank.......and there may be a plastic fuel filter that screws into the bottom of the tank...

Traveling next 4 days so will not be back until Monday or Tuesday.

Neighbor appreciates all the help and I am eating well (couple beers have been thrown in also..)
smile.gif

Status today, got it running, albeit a little rough. It idles perfectly in ECO mode where RPM's are about 2200 but sample 10 second video at 3300 RPM. Perhaps it will take a little while to sort out, at least we hope so.

Neighbor is happy and we plan to visit monthly to see how it works.

Drained all fuel out and I used fresh 92 octane with a few spoons of MIB and little 2cycle Pennzoil marine oil into a 6 gallon tank, poured about 1.5 gallons and let it run for 1 hour with an electric fan connected to a 20amp circuit.

https://youtu.be/ctEkb7DmQGk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back