Honda CRV mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past week I decided to drive my CRV as easy as possible, not getting the engine above 2,500 rpm's except a couple times. I drove a total of 252.3 miles, and filled the gas tank with 7.275 gallons to make it full. Comes out to 34.68 miles per gallon. A little less than half of my 23 mile commute everyday is highway, with the rest being up and down hills on the backroads. Thought it was super impressive seeing as though I usually score about 26-28 mpg. For those who care, my vehicles MPG monitor said I was getting 34.8 MPG, and when I did the calculations, it was 34.68. What is your best MPG lately?

Well, I am still working on my new 2015 Altima 2.5SV. My best 'round town driving(which was stop & go at best) was 34.7(MPG Monitor said 32.3) mpg. Very happy with this!

But, but, but, but,...

My highway(going through hilly PA) thus far was only 30.2 actual MPG(handheld calculator) when the vehicle monitor said 35.6...Hmmmmm! I'm still working on it! I will test the Hiwy this weekend on some straight hiwy trips on flat road between Rochester & Buffalo and back!

I should be getting, city:27/hiwy:38/comb:31
The city & combined MPG is very good but, the hiwy need some work! Maybe I can't travel at 80 mph!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Fuelly for the Accord

37 is my best tank, 34.8 for the past 10.

No gaming involved like filling up when I know I had a great run in great weather with a downhill tailwind. If I did that my best would be well into the 40's. I drive with the cruise, acceleration is at 80% load on my SGII and I will pass slower cars. Mostly highway miles and I'm on pace to do 36-40k miles this year.

I know the '13 and newer Accords with DI and CVT do a couple points better.

p.s. I'm getting this running the "wrong" grade of oil in my car too...5w-30 Edge EP

OP...track it on Fuelly to share

My best right now is a hair over 22mpg in my Tundra. The two year average has been a hair over 19.

Last edited:
I get 33 mpg in my CRV (2 li engine), aircon on, with 90% highway driving. This is on a road with about 50% low rolling hills. I don't use the Eco mode and never use the cruise control. What I do is speed up little by little as I approach the rising road gradient and let off the gas on downwards stretches.

Last edited:
Its amazing what a bit of a light foot can do. I am also amazed at how some people MUST race to the next stoplight just in time to jam on their brakes, or do other things that really kill the conservation of momentum and drive high fuel use...

The Beetle has gotten an average of 37.3 mpg over the past 6 1/2 months and 9,661 miles. Lately it's been doing pretty bad at 34-35 but I did drive it easy on the last tank and I got 37.5. Best tank has been 43.7 mpg.

I'm out of town currently and will fill it up this afternoon to see what I got.

The best I've squeezed out of the Jetta was a hair over 34mpg. This was going through parts of Tennessee and Virginia up the mountains on I-81 if I remember correctly. Kinda surprised me with the old iron 5 cylinder, its been around forever in one form or another. The Camry has not had a tank under 30mpg, and it sees alot of in town and heavy throttle up the mountains.

17 mpg on the highway. Around town I just don't bother.

Honda Fit (any year) can get over 40mpg on the highway with ease.

I hypermiled one week and got over 45mpg.

Just driving normally with a 70% hwy and 30% city mix it is a 33 MPG car my 2010 Fit.

I always operate it in the 30-33 mpg range, hypermiling is very tiring to do. Also, I always leave my headlights on during the day, and it actually has a noticeable impact on fuel consumption as it is ~200 Watts extra consumed.

I prefer to leave the lights on as the DRL isn't really bright, and I do notice drivers are more aggressive and jump in front of me more when I don't have my headlights on during the day.

So if you can get over 28 mpg in a CR-V, that is an extremely efficient SUV!!!

80 MPG (imp) on the motorway or other open road, but only about half that in pure city stop-n-go traffic... the city traffic implies driving on acold engine for a fair portion of the total route, which doesn't help.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
This past week I decided to drive my CRV as easy as possible, not getting the engine above 2,500 rpm's except a couple times. I drove a total of 252.3 miles, and filled the gas tank with 7.275 gallons to make it full. Comes out to 34.68 miles per gallon. A little less than half of my 23 mile commute everyday is highway, with the rest being up and down hills on the backroads. Thought it was super impressive seeing as though I usually score about 26-28 mpg. For those who care, my vehicles MPG monitor said I was getting 34.8 MPG, and when I did the calculations, it was 34.68. What is your best MPG lately?

Funny you should say this. I recommended a 2014 CRV for the MIL, she texted me a picture last week of her MPG computer showing 34.5. Amazing! This is driving 65 MPH on a long trip.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909

Was that using the econ button? My parents and my mother in law both have 2014 CRV's, neither use the econ button. They find it very aggravating.

Usually just over 30 in the winter and 36 mpg in the summer for the Civic. Now that the Subie is the wife's DD I don't track its mpg. When I did, average was near 28 (turbo kills short-term when you get on it, though.)

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Its amazing what a bit of a light foot can do. I am also amazed at how some people MUST race to the next stoplight just in time to jam on their brakes, or do other things that really kill the conservation of momentum and drive high fuel use...

+1

I can almost understand aggressive driving for "fun" or because you're in a hurry, but to accelerate (yes, accelerate) 50 ft past me only to brake hard at a clear red light makes no sense to me.

I game it so that I'm sometimes able to see a yellow way in advance, begin to slow down, but not too much, and then get through the light as it turns green without having to touch my brakes.

Sometimes I'll get passed by aggressive drivers, but most people seem to get it and leave space behind me even.

I've been getting 18 mpg with the Cherokee. I'm pretty happy with that considering I do 75 mph on the highway, and it is 15 years old with slightly larger tires.

My dad's '13 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 Hemi has been getting a consistent 20 mpg, which I think is pretty good for a vehicle that size with a V8. It shuts off 4 cylinders on the highway and he has a bit of a lead foot.

My mom's 2011 Fit gets 31 mpg. I thought it might get a little more, but she also drives like the gas pedal and brake are on/off switches.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
The Beetle has gotten an average of 37.3 mpg over the past 6 1/2 months and 9,661 miles. Lately it's been doing pretty bad at 34-35 but I did drive it easy on the last tank and I got 37.5. Best tank has been 43.7 mpg.

I'm out of town currently and will fill it up this afternoon to see what I got.

Just got back from my 219 mile weekend trip and with A/C on the entire time at 65 mph I got 44.32 mpg, a new record for my car.

Originally Posted By: walk23
My best in the 2013 Altima 2.5 is 38.8 on the hiway at 70 mph.

I just got 37 mpg on this tank innthe 2015 Altima 2.5SV at 70 mph. My best thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back